Monday, October 26, 2015

September 2015

We were still in Summer mode in September. The weather was nice and hot and all of our Fall activities hadn't quite started up. We had a really nice Labor Day. Mel and Brad went with us up American Fork Canyon. We tried to go to the reservoir but it was crazy crowded. The whole canyon was pretty crowded. We ended up finding a picnic spot along a little river and having a nice afternoon picnicking, playing in the water, throwing rocks and exploring. Wilson just wanted to swim the whole time. He's so cute. The kids all loved being outside. Poor Davin got stung by a bee right at the end. He was pretty sad about it, but the pic was for show. He was tough. Goodbye Summer!
The next day Beckett had his first day of joy school preschool. We are doing a joy school rotation with a few other families. I teach once a month and the other weeks Beckett gets to go to preschool at a friends house. He loves it and so do I!
Talia was a little miffed that she was the last one to start school, but finally it was her turn. She is going to Once Upon A Time preschool with Miss Tiff. She has lots of friends in her class and goes three days a week this year. Hooray for preschool!
The other fun thing that started in September was BYU football! We got season tickets this year with our friends, the Churches. I really like our seats in the West corner of the South end zone. It has been so fun going to the games with Ian! BYU is having a decent season too. Joy was kind enough to give me a BYU jamberry pedicure. I loved my Y jams!
Weston started a new year of soccer. His first game was on September 12th and we are already gearing up for the last game of the Fall season on Halloween. He has had a good year and even scored his first ever goal!!! I'm so proud of him for sticking with it and working hard. Talia also started dance with Miss Tanya again. Miss Tanya moved into a new house with a fabulous new studio. It's a little further away, which is a bummer, but we found ourselves a carpool buddy and Talia is enjoying classes.
I took Davin to Motherboy at the kids' school this year. It was a sports picnic. Weston didn't come with us because he was attending his first ever sleepover birthday party. :) It was fun to get some one on one with my Dav man. We ate our dinner on the grass with friends then we wandered around and did some of the activities. Davin loved the inflatable joust, but could barely hold his balance when he wasn't fighting. lol We also took a turn shooting hoops at the inflatable basketball activity. At the end Davin played with hula hoops with his buddy James while I visited with some of the other moms. It was a fun activity. Afterwards I took Dav out for frozen yogurt. He's such a cool kid and I'm so lucky to be his mom!
We made the most of the last of the summer weather by playing in the water table a few afternoons a week! We also made a quick evening visit to the farm all together. It was nice and empty and we even got to ride in the carriage instead of the big wagon. It was pretty exciting.
I took the kids to the dino museum one evening. That place is always a hit, even though they have been there a hundred times. :) The museum's pet iguana was really active and eating right in front of us. We watched it for awhile, then checked out the renovations by the T-rex exhibit. The kids were sad when they thought the baby triceratops statue was gone, but it was just relocated. Whew!
We took the whole fam to the kids' school Fall Carnival and had fun playing games and getting prizes! It's always kind of a zoo, but this year they did all the games outside, which made it not feel quite so claustrophobic. Plus we got to see lots of our friends there. I always like to support the fundraisers at the school.
A few random things...
Talia had a great Sunday a few weeks ago when she was so reverent that she got to hold Manny the manatee for awhile during sharing time. She was so pleased with herself. I had to sneak a picture.
I got my hair done. Twice. I wanted blonde in it but the first time around it didn't really show up, so I went back a week later and had my girl, Harvest, put some more highlights in. At first I was thinking it was too blonde, but I really like it now and it's faded into a nice caramel now.
Beckett had a few days in a row where all he wanted to do was play trains on the edge of the van. He would stay in the garage for hours playing.
This one was pretty adorable. One evening I came upstairs to go to bed after watching some shows with Ian. As I came up the stairs I saw that Talia's door was open a few inches, but I hadn't ever heard her come out. Then when I got to the top of the stairs I found the little sneaky mouse. She hadn't quite made it back to bed though. Ian took her back to bed and in the morning she didn't remember sleeping on the floor at all.
All of our African Dwarf frogs died a few months ago and we didn't get any more until September. We got 3 new frogs. Weston paid for one himself and took it to school. They are so cute and fun to watch in our tank!
Weston dressed up Talia and Beckett one night. They looked so funny. Beckett reminded me of Tootie from Meet Me In St. Louis.
Beckett is very scared of dogs. When we went to the park with Jules and Dean, our neighbor was there exercising his dog. Beckett was scared at first but then fascinated. He wouldn't stop watching the dog and play until they finally went home. Riveted and terrified at the same time. It was pretty funny.
My turn to teach joy school wasn't until the last week of the month. I had letter D. On Tuesday we learned about dinosaurs. We made this cute dinosaur craft, read lots of dino books, and played with all of Beckett's dinosaurs. It went pretty well. The craft was a little too hard for the 3 year olds. I had to help all of them glue it together, but they still liked doing the glue sticks and putting a face on their dino. All in all I'd say it was a successful preschool day. My second day of the week was in October, so that will be in the next post, but spoiler...it was better than the first day. :)
I mentioned in my 21 Day Fix post that I got an air popper. The kids loove it. The first time Davin watched the popcorn pop he seriously couldn't believe his eyes. Apparently my children are very sheltered. They all love to watch me pop popcorn.
We made a few trips to the library in September to pick up Battle of the Books holds for Weston. While we were there my little readers picked out their own books and read them. Beckett has found a few favorites this month at the library, including a rainbow fish opposites book and a random Christmas book that has lots of animals in it. I'm such a sucker for kids books!

No comments: