Friday, April 25, 2008

Curious George

It's our 100th post!!! Woo hoo for lots of blogging. We have such a fun event to blog about in our 100th post too. Today we went to the Murray Library for Curious George storytime. George came to visit and we read the first Curious George book. It was seriously packed! So many little kids. We got there a few minutes early so managed to snag a couple chairs. Weston stood along the wall so he could see, but ended up standing on the chair next to me for the story.
He was so excited about this since we have been talking about going all week. When George came in Weston waved and got all wide-eyed and said "Hi George" for the following 10 minutes, including during the story. It was so adorable. So we listened to the story then Weston got to go up (along with the hundreds of other children) to get a hug and say HI for real to George. I managed to snap one picture of Weston smiling with George without someone's back blocking the shot. Go me. No mean feat, trust me.
We had a great time and after storytime we went to Murray Park to play and then out to lunch with Dawnie and Mason. It was a very fun outing. Weston is currently having a hard time unwinding and settling down for his nap. I'm so glad that we have such fun things to do nearby.

Weston's spot along the wall.
The monkey himself and his "handler" reading the first original Curious George book.
Weston up by George.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"George pat me on the head"
"I hug George on the leg!"

joyous said...

Oh My Gosh!!! That is so cute and way too much fun. Go you for getting a good seat too! I love his big grin, that picture turned out really nice. That's a fun outing for you guys.

Jenny Timmerman said...

How fun to meet George!

Tasha said...

What a fabulous 100th post to post about!! I love the picture with Weston and Curious George. you have a fabulous story time. I wish we could go to ours. it is on Tuesdays and I don't have a car on those days. Oh well. So fun, so fun!!

Glen & Kat said...

Ok, super-cute! I love how excited kids get over simple things. P.S. I'm impressed with the veggies :)

Tara said...

Oh man, Makenzie would be jealous. Curious George is her favorite cartoon (and mine, too). You did get some awesome pictures, good job! I think I have a similar copy of that first Curious George book. Justin's aunt had some OLD books that used to be for her kids (now in their 30s) and one of them is CG. He looked a little different back then. Kenz says "is that curious george?" haha

Jared and Delia said...

You are an awesome mom. I especially like your previous two posts but didn't know if you get my comment if I commented on them.

Kudos to you for your honesty and for telling how everyday motherhood is. I am with you. Owen has weird eating habits too. Instead of liking all the kid food, he likes noodles, or vegetables strangely enough like broccoli and carrots. To get him to eat a banana, peanut butter, or spaghetti sauce - forget it. I don't get it.

Jackie H said...

Since Claire can't type I'll do it for her, "i'm so jealous that Weston got to meet Curious George" (or as Claire calls him, "ee ee," because that's all he says).

It was fun to catch up on your blog, and I must ditto a lot of your mother confessions. I especially had to giggle at the car seat one. I'll admit to doing that twice (and continuing to feel guilty about it daily). And Claire watches a 20 minute potty training DVD more than once a day. We're hoping that the "You can use the potty too!" part sinks in at some point.