We are having a nice week with Aunt Aly visiting before she goes back up to school in Rexburg. I was going to share some of Weston's funnier moments, but I'm just not feeling it. He's been such a brat today: talking back, not being obedient and none of my "punishments" seemed to faze him. Finally as we were getting ready to go run an errand and he wouldnt pick up his toys I told him if he didn't pick up his toys then he couldn't go, he threw a toy at me. I told him he wasnt going anywhere and sent him to his room. He cried and cried and wouldnt go sit on his bed but wanted to snuggle with me. Finally he went to his room. He was so sad. I went in and talked to him and told him if he came out and could be happy, clean up the rest of his toys and get his shoes on then he could come with us and that was that. Apparently the threat of being left behind on an errand or outing did the trick. Ugh.
It was still an exhausting and frustrating morning. We did have success with our shoe shopping though, so that was good. I am really hoping Davin will cooperate and nap this afternoon too cause I could really use a good power nap. Here are a few pics of Davin (3 weeks old) and one of Weston being silly. :)
Davin checking out the ceiling fan light in the den.

Weston mid-jig while playing with his horsey and being a cowboy.

I realized that my last post didn't really have much of Davin in it, but this is from while we were at the pool at the hotel. He was hanging out in his PJ's while we swam. What a mellow good baby.
5 comments:
what a little cutie davin is. i cant believe how big he already is. i need to get my butt in gear and get up to utah!!
Ceiling fans are the best baby entertainers....those and baby einsteins. :) Good luck with Weston, it's a good thing they are so cute at this age, otherwise they would never see 3. lol
Weston misbehaves? I'm shocked. Just kiddin=). We all know Makenzie has her moments, too. It's amazing how they can act like that at times and then later on they can be the most well behaved kid on the planet saying all their pleases and thank yous (and you feel like such a good parent). So I guess it takes the rough moments to make you really enjoy the good ones!
Okay Shannon, Davin is such a BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL baby! Seriously. he is SOOOO cute! Just beautiful (and not all babies are). I want to hold him so bad. I am sorry you are had a tuff day with Weston. Oh, it is all coming Shannon. I wish I had good news for you that way. Way to be a good firm Mom with him though. (I am not always so good at that.) Hopefully today has been a better one.
So good to hear from you on my blog! It's been a LONG time! Your boys are so adorable!! Yeah, I'm WAY excited to be having a girl pretty soon. I can't wait to be a mom. I'll keep reading your blog if you'll keep reading mine. :)
Post a Comment