-In all honesty, Weston watches at least 2 movies every single day. Usually a long Disney movie and a short Elmo movie, but sometimes more.
-Weston hasn't had a vegetable in I dont know how long (unless you count spaghetti sauce)
-In my defense, he eats lots of fruit.
-I have, on more than one occasion, but not more than five, discovered upon arriving somewhere that my child was in their carseat but not buckled.
-I often wonder if I spend enough time teaching my kids. I like to think they are learning and I think they are, but I have to give credit where credit is due: thanks Elmo for teaching Weston his ABC's.
-It's been a month and the batteries on Davin's swing are already running low (meaning he's in it a lot).
-I sometimes make a different meal for Weston than Ian and I are eating because I know he won't like what we are having and I'm not up for the battle of trying to get him to eat it.
-I wish I had the determination to be more consistent with my punishments with Weston. Sometimes I just have to let things slide or he'd be on time out all day long. :)
-I often use naptime to just sit and blog and read blogs and check email and facebook, etc. and do nothing productive. At this very moment there are 2 loads of laundry on my bed waiting to be folded.
-I get annoyed when Weston wants my attention all day long; can't he entertain himself already?!? ;)
Ok, well I think you get the idea. I could go on and on, but I can't tell you the really deep dark secrets. Kidding. There's nothing too terrible. Anyway, it was a long morning and I'm bushed so I think I'll go get on top of that laundry situation and call my sister. I hope that everyone feels better about their parenting skills after reading this.
Oh and shout out THANK YOU to Dawnie for bringing me fresh tortillas. I have totally been craving them. I am so making chicken quesadillas for dinner tonight!
Here is a picture that Ian snapped when he came to rescue me today. There really are 3 children under the age of three alone in that backseat and amazingly none of them were crying!
13 comments:
ok well now I completely understand why you just said... read my blog to find out about my morning, just reading it makes me want a nap. I dont know how any of you guys do it.... kudos to all moms! except for mine... cuz i make it sooo easy for her to be a mom ;)
Shannon-loved the list. Aren't we all human? Mother's or non-mother's? You should see MY list and I don't have any kids :). Anyways, I think you should give yourself more credit...raising 2 kids is alot of work!!! You should see how some of the kids are raised that I see come through the hospital. Any of them would be so lucky and happy if they could come live with you compared to their situations. Keep up the good work.
ps-that is too funny about the car. SO GLAD Ian came to the rescue!
I seem to recall you locking your keys in the car while it was still RUNNING in the car-pool lane of the 57. Hee-hee. I also remember me locking myself out of the house while Joy sat in her high chair in the kitchen. She was sitting here crying while I felt like the worst mother ever. Eventually she layed her head down on the tray and went to sleep and Dad was finally able to come and let me in :-) Those were fun times.
Love, Mom
Oh my gosh, I think it's called catharsis what I just experienced! It's so nice to here other moms confess their parenting "sins." It definitely makes me feel better. I was actually feeling really bad today because Makenzie watched Aladdin this morning and then later she watched half of The Rescuers (I DID fast forward it to halfway through so she wouldn't watch SO much tv)=) and then after playing outside for a whopping 10 minutes or so, she came back in asking "Ariel?" I felt like a bad mom, my kid just wants to watch movies all day. I didn't let her watch it, but I'm glad to know Weston watches tv too b/c I was getting worried she would behind in school or something! haha... I can't believe you guys got locked out, I worry about that sometimes and now I'll be paranoid about it the next couple of weeks=). Okay, I'll call you. Justin and I are celebrating 5 YEARS tomorrow (our anniversary is Saturday). Wanna go do something next week?
Okay, that amount of TV is nothing. At least you limit Weston's TV watching to kid stuff. I spent about 2 hours today catching up on my unwatched episodes of "The Bachelor: London Calling" that I missed from being out of town. Mason was so bored with it that he went upstairs and played in his room without me. In my defense I was pretty much unable to move after we got home today so I laid on the couch until I felt a little bit better. And trust me, your list isn't so bad ;)
Shannon, loved it you are human. also lets not mention when your mom locked herself out of the house with Joy in the highchair and your dad had to come home from work to let her in. Or when Keven and I got ready to go somewhere (and we were sitting in the car)and realized that we had forgotten Karisty. She was a brand new baby and we weren't used to it yet.
Thanks for sharing. That makes me feel better. Kaden's not into tv yet, though I'm sure it won't be long. I have discovered him mysteriously unbuckled in his carseat a couple of times :) Don't all moms have lists like that?!
Yeah for normal moms everywhere. Just tell Weston: "More fodder for the tell-all!!" Thanks for calling me, it was good to chat. I'm starting to get mopey (sp?) again. I love you tons and ton!!!
Did you read my blog about locking Ellie in the car? I had to call 911. I totally feel your pain, and I only have one kid. Thanks for making me laugh. You have a wonderful blog.
I love that you locked them all in! So funny. I am glad you had a friend with you laugh about it too :).
I did enjoy reading your Blog! I'm sure that I never did any of those things....ha ha ha! Every Mother has her moments, or hours or days! You do have a sweet little family. And that little Weston is about as good a little boy as I have ever seen. So, you are doing lots of good things.
Love,
Grandma Snowball
Did you see that you got a post from Grandma Snowball!!??!! Now that is exciting :) And Shannon, I think posts like this make all of us feel better. Raising kids are hard and personally I think you sound like one FABULOUS one! SERIOUSLY!!!! At least we can all blog together and support each other. I think blogging is a huge blessing!
Shan,
I truly identified with your comments. You have to remember that you are spending quality time with your sweet boys, you need to have some time for yourself-everyday, and we are taught to keep a journal. It looks like you are doing an incredible job!
Larissa drove by a park the other day and remembered when we used to go there (when Corbin was a baby). Those are the important memories. Enjoy them all you can while you can. It gets really difficult in the teens.
Love,
Sherrie
Post a Comment