Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope that everyone has had a Happy Easter. We certainly did. It was such a nice family weekend. I loved every second of it. Ian and I worked on putting together the kids' baskets last night and filling Easter eggs while we watched "O Brother Where Art Thou." I was so excited about the baskets. Davin got a new book, a soft stuffed duckie, a ball, and a few plastic eggs filled with little smiley face crackers. Weston got a new book, glow sticks, a "magic towel", a big plastic bug, chocolate bunny sucker, and few eggs filled with candy.
Luckily the kids got up at about the same time this morning. I decided we would just hide all the eggs inside this year since the weather was iffy. It worked out fine except that Weston kept finding eggs before he found his basket. I ended up helping/telling him to find it. I kind of wished that we had waited on the egg hunt until this afternoon since the weather ended up being gorgeous. Here is Weston finding his basket and putting the eggs he had already found in it.
Davin found his basket quickly since it was just hidden under the table in the living room. He wasn't quite sure what to do with it at first, but seemed pretty happy about it.
Here are the cute kids exploring what the Easter Bunny brought them.
After Weston had looked through his loot, he started hunting for all the eggs that the EB hid throughout the house. He missed several in his first sweep of each room and didn't find them all until after church. He was really good about opening them all and seeing what was inside without eating it all at once.
While brother hunted eggs, Davin found his Easter grass in his basket and went to town. He pulled almost all of it out and played with it for awhile. He was very cute this year.
We had a busy day at church with Ian and I both having to teach (YW and Sunday school) and then Ian spoke in Sacrament meeting and I sang with the choir, so it was a pretty packed Sunday. We came home and all took Easter naps. :) It was great. I am not the hugest fan of ham, so I ended up doing smothered pork chops and mashed potatoes for dinner. It was quite delish. All in all, definitely a wonderful Easter.

As for those deals you are all anxious to hear about . . .
On Saturday Weston and I did some bargain shopping. First we hit Kohls where we had a coupon for $10 of a $20 purchase, so I bought Weston 2 Carter's polos and 2 pairs of Jumping Beans shorts for $13. Not too shabby. I think my receipt said I saved over $40. Wow.

After Kohls we went to Borders. I do erewards. I take surveys online that they email me invites for and then get to choose rewards with my points or whatever. So I had gotten $15 in Borders Bucks through erewards. I also had a 20% off coupon, so we got the cool game Zingo. I also got a novel and a cute little diaper bag sized book for Dav. I think I paid about $5 for it all.

Next I had a $5 R Us reward from when we bought the boys' new carseats. I was going to see if they had any clothes for Weston, but they had no clothes at our Toys R Us, so I decided to let Weston pick a new potato head parts set. He picked the fireman set. I didn't have to pay anything for it. Woohoo! It was a good deal Saturday and a fun little date for Weston and I. SUCH a fabulous weekend!

8 comments:

Liz Smith said...

yay! how fun! happy easter! :)

Cami said...

I'm glad you had such a good Easter weekend! Your boys are so cute. I'm excited for Sydney to get a little older and we'll celebrate the holidays a little more.

joyous said...

Yay for a happy Easter. I love that you let Davin pull out all of his grass. Too cute. And score on your deals.

I'm so excited that you guys got Zingo...you won't be disappointed!!! It's still the girls' number one choice. :)

Mom said...

Happy Easter!! Looks like everyone had a fun time. I can see what you mean about Davin and the Easter grass. Fun, fun. I envy your Easter naps. Have a great week.

Kim said...

Fun easter! I can't wait till Payton understands Easter Egg Hunts! And GOOD DEALS! I'll do a post a little later this week on how I get my deals I'm not a crazy couponer but I love it :) If I have to buy Toilet Paper and get so mad :)

Jackie H said...

Okay, you're so on the ball. I don't even have plans to put my easter pictures on computer yet, let alone post them. Good for you!

Glen & Kat said...

Wow, sounds like you had a fun Easter. And I really hope your little garden grows. It's so fun to create something like that.

JAB0218 said...

Fun Easter. We also had our hunt inside due to the weather situtaion. You never know these days. I love hearing about your deals I love finding things on sale or coupons. Way to go!
Annette