He was pretty excited to show his teacher that he was a good kicker. He shot me a couple panicked looks during the first 10 minutes or so of the lesson, but he did everything the teacher asked and didn't cry at all. By the end, when they were playing ring around the rosy and red light green light, he was having a ball. I forgot my camera this morning, so I took this on our way into the building. Weston looks funny because he is saying "first day of swimming lessons!"
After lessons we went home and had a snack and some downtime. Davin took a nap (hallelujah!), and I got the bathrooms and tub cleaned. At lunch time we took off to meet up with my Dawnie and Mason for lunch and some fun at Jumpin Jacks. It was kind of weird. Everything was empty today. Usually 12:30pm at Chick Fil A is a zoo, but there was hardly anyone else there. When we pulled up to Jumpin Jacks I was afraid they were closed because there were no cars in front. Turns out we were the only ones there. It was really fun actually. We all jumped and went down slides. Even Davin got in on the bouncy action. I love that Weston looks like he's totally holding Dav down in this picture.I have never had stitches and so far neither have my kids, so I wasn't entirely sure that this cut was stitch-worthy, but it looked wide and deep to me. I called ahead to the doctors and was told to come in and they would squeeze us in. I made arrangements to drop off Davin with a friend. Weston fell asleep on our way (which I wasn't entirely sure was ok) and we battled the afternoon traffic.
Weston was really lethargic when we got to the hospital (which is where our doctor's office is located). I carried him in and paid our copay. There was a basket of plush animals for sale to benefit March of Dimes. I decided Weston needed a lovey if he was going to have to endure stitches, so I bought him a little bear wearing a BYU sweatshirt. He latched right onto it and snuggled with me while we waited to be called back.
The doctor checked Weston out and said we could just glue the cut together rather than doing stitches. Weston did well considering I couldn't even hold his hand because of where the doctor and nurse were standing. He cried, but calmed down pretty quick when they were done. He was happy to get a Bruce (from Nemo) sticker on our way out and was somewhat back to himself by the time we got to the elevator, where he insisted on pushing all the buttons.
11 comments:
Holy cow!!! I don't know if it counts when you're the one who causes the problem in the first place. HAHAHA!!! I'm just kidding, it was an accident. These kids don't understand that you can't see them when you have a baby on your hip. I run over mine all the time when I'm holding Rachel.
That said, Weston looks pretty good. Thank heavens no stitches were required. I love the picture with all his loot: bear, ring pop, etc. I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it was and that you all survived!!!
Shannon your everyday life seems exhausting! Maybe I'll be glad that (for the next few weeks at least) I live in the middle of nowhere and stay home all day. I'm glad you survived without stitches. That wouldn't be fun. And how fortunate that they had a BYU bear available as no other kind would do :)
i definitely think you have the "mom thing" down...for what that's worth. :) im glad he's okay.
Wow, what a day!! I would be exhausted after all that. Hopefully you did an easy dinner too. Poor Weston. Stitches or even glueing is not fun for a little kid! His eye looks so sad. Man these boys keep us on our toes. Glad it worked out in the end even if it was a tuff day.
I had no idea you had a blog!!! And I'm so glad that you do! You're kids are adorable! I'm sorry that you had to go through the trauma of "stiches." :( That's never fun. Sorry we didn't get to meet up while I was in Utah. I wasn't there very long, but definitely next time! Love you!
What a day for sure. I hate when things start wrong and just keep going that way. Sounds like Weston was brave. I have never had stiches either so I would have had no clue what to do.
awwww poor weston! what a little champ though!! that kid and his face injuries...
Oh my, I am so not ready for that. Sounds like you handled it pretty good! Way-to-go!!
Ouch! Geez Shannon. haha jk. I'm glad he got to do just glue, stitches would be scary. Well when my kids are someday well again (we've got the virus madness going on) and Weston's all healed, we'll have to go with you guys over to jumpin jacks. I saw your comment on Sheena's page, it made me laugh (what is that stuff?). I'm impressed with you guys, it sounds cool but I would struggle using veggies that are out of the norm.
wow. sounds like a growler of a day. i must say it sounds like you handled all the surprises and trauma very well.
Wow, fun start to the day, not-so-fun end. Good for you for keeping your cool. I don't know what I'll do when (note: when, not if) I see blood. It's nice for me that you're having these experiences first so I can know what to do when problems arise :) Also, props to Weston for being so brave.
Post a Comment