Monday, June 8, 2009

Because We Sing

Just a couple hours after the previous Spiderman picture was taken Weston conked out on the floor while watching Toy Story 2 with Davin. I totally thought he was awake and was talking to him and then he didn't answer and I realized he was asleep. I wish I could sleep anywhere like that.
As I have mentioned Ian has been rehearsing for a concert in the Tabernacle with a men's choir. They are called Because We Sing. The concert was Saturday night. I went and met up with my Aunt Barbara and Uncle Terry, who came down from Ogden to see the show. It was more than fabulous! Seriously amazing and all pulled together in only 10 rehearsals. You can't really see Ian in this shot, but seriously, he was performing in the Tabernacle. How cool is that? He is on the left side 1/3 of the way up on the side near the organ pipes.
Here we are after the show. A couple in our ward babysat the kids for us and we went out to dinner after the concert. Besides being pretty tired it was a nice date. I am so proud of Ian too. That was a lot of music to learn. Now I am excited for it to be my turn to do the women's choir in the Fall.

10 comments:

Hilary said...

That sounds so cool! I'm so in awe of everyone who has musical talents and shares them with the rest of us!

Jackie H said...

I love the sleeping spiderman. I can count on one hand how many times claire has randomly fallen asleep in her lifetime. Doesn't happen.

Cool about the choirs. We don't (can't) sing, but admire those who can.

joyous said...

Go Ian!! What a fun thing to participate in. :) I'm glad that Uncle Terry and Aunt Barbara came down, too, that just makes it more fun!

Lana said...

How cool to sing in the tabernacle! And good job getting a date night in, those can be hard to come by huh. PS: You look cute in your church outfit, I like your skirt :)

Mom said...

First of all, Weston looks pretty comfy sacked out there on the floor. Cute!!! Second of all, I was talking to Auntie B today and she was telling how good your concert was. I wish I could have been there too. I love men's choruses!! You'll have to tell me what was the repertoire on the program. Classics, folk, traditional, patriotic? Sounds fun!!

Jared and Delia said...

Wow...that is awesome!

Tara said...

that is so cool! let me know when you sing, I wanna come!

Cami said...

That's awesome that Ian got to sing in the Tabernacle! I've sung in the Provo Tabernacle... haha. And I love Weston's sleeping picture. Sydney does that all the time; it's hilarious!

Liz Smith said...

how cool is that?!?!?! it's not every day you get to sing in the tabernacle and how exciting that you get to do it in the fall as well. awesome! :)

Glen & Kat said...

Wow, that is so cool! And sounds like a lot of fun.