Saturday, June 6, 2009

Oh the Joys

The joys of having a wide open future to be and do whatever you want.

We went and played at our friends, the Miller's, house yesterday. The last time we were there Weston discovered their well-loved Spiderman costume and has asked about it several times since then. Yesterday we ended up borrowing it until Halloween. If it lasts that long. Weston pretty much doesn't want to take it off. The other day at lunch Weston was asking about daddies and why they all have jobs. He then told me the following (quoted as accurately as possible):
"When I get big I'll have a job and go to work. I'll get a wife and I'll marry it. Then me and my wife will go to the hospital and get a baby. If it's a girl, then we will bring it home and we can babysit it. If it's a boy, then we can call it Davin James or something."

I would be more than pleased with that future for my son. Being Spiderman is a good future too, I guess.

The joys of play time and laughter.

Yesterday evening we all ended up playing on our bed for awhile. I love these cute boys.
Weston was playing peekaboo from the closet, which made Davin crack up with his big belly laugh. It was adorable.
Like all good play sessions it ended in tears, but this is such a sweet photo. I love it.
The joys of a good deal.

I have been scouring the ksl ads, as you know, for a swing set or playground toy for the kids. I found this one this morning for $10. It's a little small for Weston, but perfect for Davin and Weston actually thinks it's pretty darn cool too.
After hosing it off, we spent some good play time outside. Davin can climb up it, but needs a little hand going down the slide. He'll get the hang of it quick. He's much more my adventurer child.
Oh the joys of motherhood and childhood.

10 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like life is pretty good at the Bowles household. I love Weston in the Spiderman costume AND cowboy boots. I love that boy. Can't wait to see him in a couple weeks. We just got back from Lizzie's B-day party and those cousins are going to have a great time together!! Love you all!!

Jackie H said...

Great deal on the playset, and I love the crying/comforting picture.

Liz Smith said...

awww...that's so sweet. :)

joyous said...

What sweet boys you have. I love Weston's plan for the future. Too cute. You guys must be doing something right. :)

Hilary said...

Ellie is much more the adventurer then Annie was . . . I wonder if it's a second child thing?
I love, LOVE, the picture of them Weston hugging his little brother once it all ended in tears . . . I think we could take the EXACT same picture at our house, but with two little girls, almost every single time they have a great play session together, and it inevitably ends with Ellie being done with it before Annie!
I love the picture of all three of you, so cute!

Tara said...

dang you're good at the classifieds, that is such a good deal. can you find me a toddler bed for Jarom for $15 or less? jk
That pic of Weston consoling Davin is really sweet. That's like a future wedding slideshow picture. :)

Jared and Delia said...

I love the boots WITH the Spiderman outfit. Classic!

That is a nice deal on a play...thing. I think it is pretty darn cute myself.

Lana said...

Dude, your kids are so adorable! They have such mischievous cute boy smiles. Love it!

Tasha said...

Such fun pictures!!! I just love them. Your kids are so cute. I love seeing the two boys play together. Isn't it fun as Davin gets older how they can play more together.

Kate said...

That picture of Weston soothing Davin is so sweet! Glad you got a great deal on a playset! The one we have was tossed over the wall by some old neighbors that were moving out the same time we were moving in. The kids have LOVED it.
BTW- thanks for giving me the website for the swimsuit you got and like. I was about to buy one from them and them quickly googled for a coupon code and from that found a UTah newsletter that had a bunch of "modest swimwear" co. and ended up finding one at Hapari I liked even more. I just got it and LOVE it. I owe it all to your tip :)