Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Little Destructo

That is Davin's new nickname. Even Weston called him that the other day when he started crawling into the bathroom while I was combing Weston's hair. "Uh oh, Mom, here comes little Destructo." I thought that was hilarious. He is just in the stage of pulling everything off the shelves, out of the bins, etc. He also is still not walking. Honestly it doesn't bother me if he doesn't walk until later, but seriously the kid has completely destroyed every pair of pants that fits him. Today at Les Schwab he finished off his last good pair of pants. Sigh.

We have been having rain almost every day for the last 3 weeks. Yes, I said three weeks! Every day Weston asks if we can get out the little pool, but it is seriously just too cold for that. I am not complaining about the more Spring-like weather though because our house doesn't have air conditioning and it will get hot eventually, so in the meantime I am trying to enjoy the cool air. It is pretty amazing that it's mid June and I haven't even gotten out the fans yet, much less run the window unit air conditioner. Today it is cloudy and rainy and only 65 degrees. We got fresh blueberries in our produce box this week, so we decided to bake some muffins. I had never made muffins from scratch. Can we just say YUM? I made these To Die for Muffins. They really are amazing. I am eating a warm one from the oven as I type. They also made my house smell delicious!
Since this post is pretty random anyway, here are a couple other tidbits. This pic is from our Father's Day celebration last Saturday. Ian was trying out his new tripod and Davin thought it was a great toy. I loved Dav's crazy bedhead that morning. The boys both got short summer haircuts this week, so no more crazy hair. Kinda sad.
Also, last Saturday we spent the evening with our friends, the Burton's. Dawnie really wanted to try out this recipe for Playdough Cookies. It was so fun. We used cake decorator food coloring, so they were really bright. They were also really good and slightly addicting. We decided next time the recipe would need to be doubled since there were none left by the end of the night. Dawnie actually ended up making another batch on Sunday. :)
Lest you think that all I do is bake treats . . . I have also been pretty busy getting things done and cleaned in preparation for our slew of upcoming trips. We leave for NYC on Friday night. When we get home we have less than 48 hours before we leave for the Olson Family Reunion at the Rockin R Ranch in Southern Utah. Once home from that we have 4 days before we fly to Portland for Aly and Ryan's wedding. Phew! The good news is that I think I am mostly ready (except laundry and packing). I cannot wait to see my mom tomorrow night! Busy times, but definitely fun times!

13 comments:

joyous said...

Those playdough cookies are pretty outrageous!!! Post the recipe please! I'm glad the muffins turned out well. Good luck getting everything done and have fun on your trip!!!

Beth said...

One word...Yum!

I agree with Joyous...please post the recipes.

Have fun in New York! I heard that the weather is cooler then normal right now.

Mom said...

And Mom can't wait to see all of you!! I just remembered I need to send the gift to Aly. I planned to to that right when I got the invitation. Wished I had!! I'll do it tomorrow with all the other last minute things to do before I come while I'm packing :-)

Liz Smith said...

im totally with you on the rain thing. we've had a few sunny days, but a lot of rainy dreary days. we've only had a couple of good pool days. i guess i cant complain because i love that i havent had to turn on my AC yet. (and ANYTHING is better than a chicago winter) Having a few months without a major heating or cooling bill has been really nice!

have fun in all your trips! i cant wait to see pictures and read all about them. i will also be dreaming of those homemade muffins all night....mmmmmmmm.

Dawnie said...

Those cookies were awesome! I am going to miss you so so much. I already miss you :( Thanks for posting a goofy picture of me by the way ;) I look super awesomely bad in that picture, but it shows off our amazing cookies. I can't wait for you to get back from all your trips so we can hang out one last time before we move. Love you!

Alexis said...

I hope you don't think its mean if I say that I am glad that Davin is not walking yet. Theo is still not walking, and I'm starting to get the "what's wrong with your kid" vibe from people. I am glad to know that he is not the only one. :) Theo is also in the destructo mode. He can't walk, but he sure can climb up onto the kitchen table and push things off of it.

It would be fun if we could get them together again. They would have a good time I think.

Tasha said...

That is so funny that you call Davin "Little Destructo" I think I love that Weston calls him it too!! I am so excited for your trip. How very very fun. ANd to have your Mom come watch them is even better. Then you don't have to worry about a thing. Don't you love that Summer is here and our Mom's are working. I love Summer. Those cookies and muffins look so delicious. Mmmmm!

Kat Dahl said...

I certainly hope those palydough cookies didn't actually taste like playdough...that doesn't sound very addicting at all. They do sound like they would be fun to make though!
I can relate to the "Little Destructo" because I have a neice who I called a tornado...she practically destroys anything in her path. Hard to keep up with and save everything within her sight! :D

Glen & Kat said...

Well if you're tired of the rain, send some down here please...we usually get summer afternoon showers, but not this year and the heat index is already over 100. As a side note, would it really be a bad thing if all you ever did was make treats?!

Karisty said...

Yep I agree with the Cuz-post the recipe please :)

Jared and Delia said...

Those look really cool. Did you link to the recipe? I missed it if you did...and I want it! They look Willy Wonka-ish.

I am glad someone else is enjoying the rain too. I like the cooler temps and I know there will be plenty of time for swimming and sweating later. :)

Tara said...

So it's post lunch and I'm wanting a treat so this post is making it worse! Those muffins look so good and I love those playdough cookies, Makenzie would LOVE those! I'm gonna google that recipe right now. Thanks for the good ideas.

The Curnow Family said...

Brad and I love th play-dough cookies, we'll probably have to steal the recipe when I come down!! Can't wait to see you in a few days!!