Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cousin Visit!

Yesterday we got a visit from the kids' newest cousin, baby Ivy, and her mom, Emilee. They flew in yesterday around lunchtime and got to spend the whole afternoon with us. It was so fun to visit and snuggle baby Ivy and those mondo baby cheeks! It almost made me want one. ;)

Ian took a half day off work so he could have some Ivy time too. Weston totally made Ivy laugh with his jumping-on-the-couch antics, but Davin wasn't so interested in the baby who was getting all the attention. I love his face in our picture though. It's pretty typical of my silly boy.


Today I braved the cold (high of 22 today!), bundled up the kids and ran all over town buying cheap groceries. I don't usually do that, but I had some really great deal coupons. I think it was worth it. I spent $37.49 and saved $21.16. I got 6 pounds of cheese, soup, tuna, peanut butter, canned veggies, pop tarts, Cheezits, Cheetos, lettuce, apples, bananas, grapes, cookies, and sausage. Ok, you probably don't need to know all that. I just get excited about good deals, you know?

Tonight we have the Primary dinner to attend with free babysitting no less! I'm pretty excited about that. Tomorrow Ian is taking the day off again. He worked so many hours this year that most of the vacations we took didn't require as much PTO as we had planned for, so now he has a whole extra day to use before Christmas! Sometimes I wish it would roll over to the next year, but I'm not really complaining. We have a fun day planned. Stay tuned . . .

9 comments:

The Curnow Family said...

HAHA I love davin's face! He's so goofy! Good deals are awesome! So be proud!!

Jared and Delia said...

Those are good deals. I love the dairy wars the stores are having. I too braved the weather yesterday to do the same thing! It was -8 this morning. Holy hyenas. I actually am excited for more snow this weekend because it means it will warm up a little bit.

Have fun at the dinner!

joyous said...

Awww!!! Little Ivy is so cute! And they look like cousins too, which is very fun. Glad you got some snuggle time.

Go you on all your deals! You're awesome. Those are some great basics that you can always stock up on too.

Hope you guys all have fun tomorrow!!

Lindsey said...

It's 22 degrees here in St. George as well. Ick. I just don't love it. Aside from work, I stay inside and remain bundled up on the couch! You're so brave to venture out of the house!!

Olson Family said...

hahahaah i am loving Davins face!! SOOO cute!! Also that is an adorable neice you've got there! Fun you guys got some play time in!

Dawnie said...

Your comment on my blog made me miss you so much!!! I check your blog daily by the way because you are so good about posting :) I know what you mean about the good deals. I get excited about that stuff too. And a lot of that you can freeze so it will last you a long time! I need groceries so bad right now. Maybe I'll do what you did. Hope you're well. Love you too!

Anonymous said...

Davin's face is so cute and funny...I just want to pinch that little scrunched up nose :)

sara said...

Such cute pictures of everyone! Good for you for braving the cold. I am freezing just running to and from work but today we are going to brave the cold and run errans all together. Although, my cold here in not in any way like your cold there so more props to you!!!

Tasha said...

Hope you had fun with Ian off! Love surprise days off with my husband home. Hope you got lots done and enjoyed it!