Saturday night was the Verite Christmas party. We always joke that it's the nicest date we go on all year because it's always at a nice restaurant, we always get dressed up, and we don't have to pay! :) This year was no exception. The party was held at Trio. I had never been there. The food was good. I especially loved the appetizers. I also tried polenta for the first time. I didn't buy a new outfit for this year, but I did debut my new knee high black boots that I bought on Black Friday. They looked awesome. I feel terrible that we forgot to take a full length picture. I guess I will just have to wear the outfit again sometime. I also had fun curling my hair, wearing my above-mentioned new hairclips, and playing an impromptu game of Settler's with friends after the dinner.
Saturday also qualified as a special day because I officially completed my Christmas shopping!!! I got the last thing for Davin, so the kids are completely done, including stockings. Yes, you can be jealous. ;)
It was so nice to be home all day Sunday! I didn't have to rush dinner and then run out the door to a rehearsal. We are having snowy weather right now, which I guess is ok since it's Christmastime. Speaking of which, last night I helped Weston wrap his presents for his brother and for dad. He was mostly just interested in putting the bows on and making a treasure map out of the scraps of wrapping paper.
Finally, I know I mentioned Sheena earlier in this post, but she is not only a great friend who hosts fun parties, but she is also a very talented photographer. She has prints for sale in her etsy shop, and at the moment there is a giveaway! Check it out!
PS-We saw Santa at Sam's Club on Friday. He was kind of lame, and even though Weston noticed (he said "Mom, that Santa's voice was different.") he was still really excited to sit on his lap and tell him what he wanted for Christmas (a Buzz and Woody and a Little Einstein's rocket). Davin, not so much.
4 comments:
HOW FUN. That girls party sounds like a blast. I love knee high boots in the winter. Mine are borderline stilettos and I can actually walk easier in the snow and ice with those because the heels dig in nicely. :)
My friend had her 2 year old wrap some presents. I thought...why haven't I done that with Owen yet and then I read what Weston did...sounds like something he would do. We'll give a try though this year. ...gritting teeth...hope it goes okay. I don't know why I care what they look like. It's not like my wrapping skills rock either.
Yay for having Christmas shoppping done! I have it almost done but I am stumped on an anniversary gift for Jared. Do you have good husband ideas?
you finished your christmas shopping?! you go, girl! yes, i am jealous....i haven't even started yet! glad you had fun at the holiday party...i wish jared's company did those, but i think banks have been permanently banned from doing anything fun for their employees for the next thousand years.
It IS fun to get dressed up. This year Justin's company is going to Disneyland. Not a dress up occasion but at least I don't have to hire a babysitter ;)
I am so impressed that you have your shopping done. I still need to do Jules ;-) I'm just trying to get through the week. Dad's in there working on chocolate bread as we speak. I just got home from a performance. The picture of the "lame" Santa isn't bad. Davin at least isn't screaming. From a distance he just looks like he's looking down ;-) Send more pictures!!
Post a Comment