Tuesday, May 18, 2010

All Kinds of Cute

I obviously talk a lot about my kids on the blog. That's because this is literally my journal. I make it into books and then I'm done! Brilliant. Also, I think the grandparents appreciate the updates and pics. This post is a random collection of recent kid cuteness.

This was from our first attempt at making fudge pops in our new popsicle molds. They were messy and didn't come out of the mold very well, but they tasted pretty good and the kids enjoyed eating them.
This is not super recent, but I was so happy with the way this picture of the boys together turned out. We took these in the same photo sitting that we did Davin's 2 year old pictures. So handsome!
The kids were randomly dancing in the living room. They are such goof balls. I can't get over what a nerd Weston is with his pants hiked up. And I think Davin is krumping.
My little hellion outlaws. I threw them in jail at Farm Country. It really didn't take much convincing. They love playing in the jail.
Another cute one from the Father's and Son's campout. Davin is distracted by the airplane flying over.
Sigh. This is what we did to our den this last weekend. We didn't strip all the wood paneling off. Yet. Just enough to get an idea of what was underneath it. We haven't decided if we are going to rip out the existing drywall or not. There is insulation behind it, but not very much, so the plan is to add to/replace the insulation, possibly replace the drywall, mud, texturize and paint the walls. I'm hoping new windows are in the near future in that room too.

The state of "under construction" gives me major anxiety, so I would like to just get started so that we can be done. It will hopefully look much better when we are done. Also, I am grateful that this is the only room we have to re-do.
Last, but not least, a video of Davin's triumphant success in removing his own socks. Ok, fine, Weston helped out a little, but he was still so proud of himself. :)

10 comments:

Tasha said...

Yeah for fun random happiness. I love seeing lots of pictures. And exciting about the redoing of your front entry way/den. Not fun to have it under construction, but cool to be working on it.

Lindsey said...

Weston's random streaking in the video was easily the best part! I was laughing so hard!

Anonymous said...

My computer is having issues and I can't see videos. /sigh Your boys are so handsome! I just want to pinch Davin's little cheeks. Good luck with the room re-do. Home improvement projects cause me anxiety too but it's worth it when everything is done!

joyous said...

Silly boys! At least they're having fun though. And fudge pops sound really good right now too....

Good luck on your den. I'm just impressed you guys are getting started. We're way too squeamish to tackle home projects.

sara said...

What fun pictures of your boys! They are getting so big, I love it! Go you guys on tackling your den. I get anxiety about stuff like that too, but it's soooo worth it in the end. I can't wait to see the finished result!

Tara said...

Man, if only all of our kids would pose for pictures like yours! Love that pic from Davin's 2 year shoot.

Justin and I laughed at that picture of Ian taking down the paneling because it brought back the memories. What a mess, huh? But your den is gonna look so good, I am excited! I think I told you, but when we did ours, we just mudded the walls to cover any major blemishes, let that dry, and then did the easy texturing tip that we got from Reed (his brother does it for a living and taught him how)- just add water to your mud to thin it out some, put a throw pillow in a plastic grocery bag (probably doubled or tripled if you like your pillow), and use it like a stamp. When it's dry you just sand down the peaks and it looks great! I don't know if you saw the texture in Jarom's room, but if you like that look, that's how we did it... but there are so many ways. Keep us updated on your progress, I love projects!

Delia said...

Oh the things we get excited about when we have kids. Yay for Davin! Your kids are seriously so so handsome and cute.

J, J and B said...

I love homemade popsicles. We totally make those too with the exact same molds! Your boys are so handsome! Wow! :)

Liz Smith said...

hooray for saying goodbye to wood-paneling. I always wonder what people were thinking when those design things were in style. Kinda like those olive green refrigerators in the 60s, or shag carpet in the 70s-80s. Then i wonder which of the stuff that's in style now, our kids are going to think is hideous when we're old. lol. anywho, good luck with the rennovation. you'll feel soo good and accomplished when it's all finished. :)

Whitney and Blake said...

So many cute pictures!!! Looks like you guys have lots of fun together :)