That's right . . . we're expecting! Baby Bowles #3 will be joining our family in early December. I am 11 weeks and I just saw our cute little peanut baby wriggling around with a strong heartbeat yesterday at my 5th doctor's appointment. Yes, 5th. We had a little scare at the beginning of this pregnancy. I was having a lot of abdominal pain, which was when I went to my doctor and found out I was pregnant. Then they were concerned that it was an ectopic pregnancy (outside the uterus). I had several ultrasounds. They found some ovarian cysts, but by the time we could actually see the embryo it was where it was supposed to be. I'm so grateful that I had a doctor who was willing to wait out what could have been a dangerous condition just in case the pregnancy turned out to be viable. Everything seems to be just fine now. The baby is growing and is measuring right on schedule.
So far I have been having some standard nausea and food aversions. The hardest part about this stage of pregnancy is that I don't ever want to cook. I plan meals, but by the time it's the day to cook them they don't sound good at all. I just want my food placed in front of me. :) I have been eating a lot of baked potatoes and cinnamon toast. No weight gain to speak of yet, but I swear I'm already getting a rounder belly. I haven't gotten out any of the maternity clothes though. I have a few things that will work for the next few weeks at least.
Weston is super excited and really wants a baby sister since he already has a brother. Davin doesn't completely get it, but points to my stomach when I ask where our baby is. And he did not want to let go of the ultrasound photo from yesterday. I think we are going to have another boy, but my mom insists it's a girl until she is proven wrong. We shall see. We won't find out the gender until the end of July.
Finally, I am seeing a different doctor. A doctor instead of a midwife. I really loved my midwife, but she retired after I had Davin. This doctor has an office about 3 minutes from my house and delivers at the closer hospital. I like him and he has lots of experience. I think the convenience is too good to pass up.
In other news, we cleared out the den last night, so all our den furniture and belongings are now crammed in the living room or have been relegated to the garage for now. Time to start demolition! I'm hopeful that we will be able to get all the insulation and drywalling done this weekend. Mudding and painting will probably have to wait, but it's not too bad. We are just going to all have to get used to living in a slightly smaller space for a few weeks.
I have a feeling that my cooking motivation is going to sink even lower during "construction." Sigh. Any quickie, easy meal suggestions?
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
31 comments:
YAY!!!! I am so excited for you. I think the transition to three has been my easiest so far. I hope that's how it is for you.
As for the meals, when I am pregnant, we buy a ton of freezer foods--pre-made lasagna, those bagged meals, etc. A lot of our stash comes from the Costco freezer aisles. I hope you have a great pregnancy!
Wohoo!! So glad it's out in the open now and that the baby is still healthy and growing. :)
Good luck with the construction in your house. We used the plumber's visit yesterday as an excuse to go out to lunch. But I do love the freezer meals, like Amanda said. Love ya!
Congratulations Shannon!!! That is exciting news. As for easy, quick meals, my go-to ones are, um, Little Ceasars, Cafe Rio, and Zupas. Not much help, am I? :)
congrats!! I am soo excited for another baby bowles! Easy meals for me are all fast food. i know i know... or breakfast for dinner, santa fe chicken, taco soup or grilled cheese and tomato soup.
wow!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!! that is scary though...i'm so glad everything is okay now. I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly. i'm rooting for a girl! i love girls and you guys would make such a cute one. im keeping my fingers crossed. :D
good luck with your re-model! as for meals, i find that take-out is the quickest and easiest. :)
(oh weird! my word verification code is 'aBOYpept'......maybe it's a sign :P)
CONGRATS!!! Okay you get a meal sat infront of you, from me... next week pick a day and I'm there :) I'm so excited for you! I'll text you my resume of food and you can pick :)Love ya!
Congratulations!! Such exciting news! Glad to hear that everything is ok now. I hope (for you) that it's a girl! :-)
So it's not only me, Weston's hoping for a girl too. Go Weston!! (I knew I liked that boy!!) I'm so glad it's out in the open. It will be this week's good news minute in R.S. ;-) Good luck with the den stuff. I just hope is doesn't drag on too long. That's always my greatest fear with home projects. I'm thinking quick meals are breakfast meals. . pancakes, eggs, etc., grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas, and the ever popular tuna burgers!! Have fun with Mel and Brad next weekend. She's already planning for you :-)
P.S. So where is the picture of the baby?? We want to see too!
Yeah!!!!! I am so so excited for you. Scary about all that other stuff. I am so glad that baby is okay and in the right place. Oh, I just love knowing another cute member is going to join your family. Cannot wait to hear more fun news.
Easy meals: Quasadillas, frozen pizzas, soups from a can or I also love those Briaer Bear ones in a bag that you just add water too, pizza on french bread, Breakfast for dinner, Go to Costco and look in their freezer section of things you can just heat up. Good luck. The no wanting to cook thing really is the hardest!
Congratulations!! You and BOTH my sisters are due in December! Woohoo! Did I mention that we will be living in the Salt Lake area by then? I will SO visit you when the little one comes.
Woohoo!!! congrats on #3!!!! Girls are great and since you've already got 2 boys, I'd say you've earned your shot at a girl. Though I will tell ya that Eric is the 2nd of 5 boys with his mom trying again and again for a girl... til she finally graced the family with her presence as number 6. :)
sounds like a scary experience. I'm surprised you could get by not mentioning it here for so long. I would be stressing out, I think. Glad everything turned out okay and that baby is a healthy, wiggly peanut.
cook large amounts of plain foods like rice or pasta. way more than you'll eat in one meal. then freeze it in individual tupperwares. You can thaw and eat with frozen stirfry veggies, can of sauce, can of veggies or even just ranch dressing or plain parmesan cheese. easy. takes almost no extra time. cheap. healthy. and I love that rice and pasta have almost no smell to them, which is essential in that first trimester.
Congratulations!!! I so need to come visit, before things get incredibly hectic for you. Love you!
Congratulations!!! Very very exciting. Maybe you'll be thinking pink this time. Glad everything is going well.
Congrats! I know sooo many people who are pregnant right now. I guess our age is when everyone is having babies around the clock..
As far as cooking goes, freezer meals has been the most convenient for me. It would've been hard for me to feed 2 kids during my 1st trimester.. Good luck!
Wow, lady! So exciting! I'm really happy for you. I think you're due for a girl. It's time :)
yay!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! That is so exciting!! How do people make it all this time without spilling the secret? Talent. Anyway, costco sells pizza crusts that are really good--all you have to do is top it off with whatever leftovers you've got in the fridge :)
Congratulations!!
Shannon, that is great news!!! Congratulations! You are such an amazing mom, I know you'll handle all of this beautifully. Sorry about the nausea. I know what you mean about wanting your food placed in front of you. I feel like that too, and I'm not even pregnant! Anyways, I love and miss you and hope your pregnancy is awesome :)
Whoa lots of comments. :)
I am so happy everything is fine! Good job on the weight gain thing, I'm already past the 30 lb. mark... my bad.
I am really, really excited to see what you guys have! I know it's a couple of months out, but I want a text or something as soon as you find out! ;)
CONGRATS! I am so glad everything is working out okay! I am so excited for you!
I'm so excited for you and hope everything continues to go well. My go-to easy meal is black bean soup: 2 cans black beans, 2 cups chicken broth, 1 cup salsa. Blend it all together and heat. If we have some in the fridge we add lime juice to it and serve it with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips or cut up tortillas (whichever we have on hand).
Congrats! I hope you have a girl. But if you have another boy, there is something so special about that 3rd boy.
SO EXCITING! Isn't the beginning of pregnancy the WORST? Hang in there, it'll get better. I'm so glad things are going better for little baby Bowles already!
There were already tons of good food ideas, so nothing new from me.
I'm so excited for you guys Shannon! That is such wonderful news!!!
Congrats. I hope you have a girl too!
Congratulations! I'm so glad the pregnancy has turned positively! I'm glad to know i'm not the only one hoping it's a girl, but the baby, of course, will be loved either way!!
Yeah!!! So exciting! I feel ya on the wanting your food placed right in front of you! Wouldn't that be nice! I think that is when Zach started to become a picky eater, I just stopped cooking for a while! So not fair! Hang in there!
Awesome!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!! I hope the first trimester goes by quickly for you - being tired and sick all the time is NO FUN! I'm glad you're boys are excited and I'm glad you found a doctor you like. Sometimes convience rules all!
Congratulations! :)
Dad says---looking good so far. Cant wait to see how much difference this all makes in temperature in the den.
Jim
Post a Comment