That night we went to a friend's graduation party. He just finished his master's degree. Congrats Justin! It was a luau since Justin is Samoan. My friend Tara made all the food and it was amazing. I was very impressed. It was at a park and the kids had a blast running laps all over the place. They also had a cotton candy machine! Davin was in heaven. Weston just kept saying he wanted the pink kind (theirs was blue) and wouldn't eat his. Weirdo.
Saturday morning Weston went to the primary activity. He loves feeling grown up and going to activities without a parent. :) He made me a Mother's Day gift, but when I went to pick him up he was playing duck duck goose and eating cookies, so I think he had a good time.
Saturday night was Ian and my big date. Before we got ready I got to open some of my Mother's Day presents. The boys had picked out 3 new pairs of earrings for me. The did a great job too. I love them all! We got all dressed up (me in a new dress and new earrings) and went to dinner at Red Lobster because I wanted shrimp. I hadn't been there in years. It was yummy. We had to speed a bit to make it downtown in time for the symphony, but we got to our seats just in time. The symphony was just wonderful! The music was so fun and different. The 2 hour concert just flew by. I had never been to Abravanel Hall before either, so it was fun to attend an event there. Here we are in front of the awesome glass sculpture in the lobby during intermission. Ian seemed to enjoy his first symphony concert too. We will have to go again one of these days.
I spent the rest of the morning snuggled up on the couch in a blanket reading until it was time to shower and get ready for choir and church. I played the piano for the primary while they sang, which was ok except that I didn't get to see Weston singing. Ian was on the stand too, so he didn't see either. Sad. I'm betting he was cute though.
For dinner we had chicken Parmesan and Caesar salad. I didn't have to do the dishes. Or help the kids brush teeth. Or changed poopy diapers. It was a lovely Mother's Day thanks to my boys (especially Ian!). I am bummed that I forgot to take a picture with my kiddos yesterday, but here's one that Weston took of Dav and me a little while ago.
8 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend! How was Iron Man? Glad you got to go to the symphony and get some time away :)
What a blissful weekend! I hope Davin is okay!
What a fun and fabulous weekend!! I love that you got to do so many great things. YEAH! Love things like that. We cannot wait to see Ironman 2. Fun stuff
i love love love fun weekends like that. im glad you got spoiled on mothers day! you definitely deserve it. :) i still think it's cool you guys went to the symphony. that's super snazzy! :)
haha I didn't know Weston was bummed about the cotton candy color! Tell him it is Justin's fault because Jake & Amanda let him pick the sugar color and he chose blue. That is funny.
Well glad you had a great Mother's Day, you looked beautiful in your symphony getup!
sounds lovely! I want to see close ups of the new earrings!
What fun!!! You sure know how to fill a weekend (making it start early is always a good idea too). Your purple dress looked great. I'm glad we got to chat too. Love ya!
Your dress looks gorgeous! And I love the "You Are Special" plate. We had one in our house growing up too. I'll have to get one here! It's such a fun tradition! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!
Post a Comment