Last night was our stake's Fathers & Sons camp out activity. It was held at a local park about 5 minutes away from our house. Weston was super excited about going camping. He helped Ian get all the gear out and ready on Thursday night. Then we spent a long Friday afternoon packing up and waiting for Daddy to come home. Ian took both the boys with him, so I had the evening all to myself. I went and got myself some dinner from Kneader's, brought it home, and watched a movie. At 9 I went and picked up Davin and brought him home for bed. Weston stayed and slept in the tent. They got up this morning, had breakfast, and were home by 9am. Weston had a blast. I think he will be excited to go camping again soon.


14 comments:
Really, for a 4 and 2 year old, the park is a perfect first father and son outing. They look so happy in and beside that tent. CUTE!! I can't wait to hear what you did all night Shannon?? Read a book in silence?? Watched movies in peace?? Sounds like fun. . all of it!
How cute is that? What a great father and son's outing :)
And how fun for you to get the night to yourself!
So stinkin cute!! It was our Father's and Sons outing too. I did not get super cool picture though. I do have some though and will post for fun. Happiness. I still had Chase for the night...but it was still nice. And next year he will get all three. :) Glad it went well. Happiness to Father's and Son!
awwwww.....youre lucky to be surrounded by cute boys all the time. Looks like they had fun!
That was a great idea to let Davin go for the outing and sleep at home. And you got some sweet alone time, nice! I think it's cool you treated yourself to Kneaders. I'm single-momming it tonight (Justin's supervising a dance), and I just put the kids to bed and I'm wishing I had rented a movie... and now wishing I had some Kneaders. :)
Those pictures are awesome, what a great memory they made!
What a perfect outing for this age.
They look like they had a blast.
By the way that anonymous person above was me, Mom. In case you hadn't guessed ;-)
How fun for the boys. Maybe you'll get to go to a mother-daughter camp-out in the future too! :)
Kudos to Ian for taking a picture of all three of them!! I'm glad both boys got to go and I'm super glad we got to talk the night away too. :)
Aww, that's so cool, all your men going camping together. And you getting some peace and quiet!:)
Sweet pics. What fun times! And fun times for you too with out the boys (at least for a while).
I think father's and son's camp-outs are the best. I'm so glad you got some time to yourself.
I'm impressed Ian agreed to take Davin for part of the time. Justin won't even consider taking Zander. Maybe next year ;) And isn't being home alone for a little while the best?!
What a cute bunch of boys!!! It looks like they had a lot of fun..we love camping!
Post a Comment