Thursday, May 27, 2010

Preschool: 1 Year down, 1 to go!

It seems like there has been a ton to blog about this week, but now I am drawing a blank. I guess there hasn't been as much as I thought. Yesterday was Weston's official last day of school. It was just a little picnic graduation party. He painted a graduation cap that he got to wear and then his teacher gave him a certificate for completing the 2009-2010 school year. He was really excited and loved running around with his friends. Davin tagged along. It was windy so he didn't wear his hat for long.
For his teachers I made gift card holder/thank you notes then we put $10 Borders gift cards in them. I thought they turned out pretty cute. They were super easy. I just cut out 4 apple shapes using the first one as an outline for the others. I wrote on the sides then used a glue stick to glue the bottom and sides together creating a pocket for the gift card. I also added a little stem with a leaf. If you decide to make these I recommend putting the stem with a leaf on both sides so it still looks like an apple after you put the gift cards in.
In other Weston news he has been wanting his hair spiky the last little while since he got his latest hair cut. I don't like it as much, but he seems to like it. I guess we'll do it until it grows out too much for that style. I am so proud of Weston for finishing his first year of school! He loved it and seems to have learned so much. I am looking forward to teaching him how to read this summer during his school break!
This morning Davin had his appointment with the ENT. They didn't even test his hearing because he still had fluid in his right ear but no infection. Apparently this is the kind of fluid that can cause kids to not hear and delay speech. He is getting tubes next Thursday. The doctor said that the kind of fluid that is behind his right ear is usually the consistency of rubber cement when they aspirate it out during the tube surgery. Gross.

Anyway, I am excited to see how quickly his language explodes when he can hear clearly. It also makes me feel a little proud of myself because I was right to be concerned. Whew! My mother's intuition is still intact. :)

I think I may be starting on the downhill side of pregnancy nausea. I still have issues with cooking and food sounding good, but I don't feel quite as blah all day. I am super excited that my sweet cousin, Kim, is bringing me dinner tonight. No cooking! Yay!

I am also trying to get things ready for the long weekend. We are going to visit my sister. I can't wait to hang out with her and Brad! I sure hope the weather forecast is lying though. It's saying rain all weekend. Boo. I hope you all have some fun plans for the Memorial Day weekend!

10 comments:

Emilee said...

My first crush was on a kid with spiky hair--it must be cool for little kids. I'm fully taking advantage of this time when I get to decide what Ivy wears and how her hair is done before she starts having opinions of her own. Her only opinion is that she would prefer no clothes, but that's not an option.

Nora said...

You're pregnant?! How did I miss that? Congrats! When is the baby due?

jilljohnson said...

Have fun with Mel and Brad!!! What time are you going to be at Larissa Wedding Rec.?

Tara said...

Wow, you are so thoughtful with your teacher gifts. I ran to Harmon's and picked them up some flowers before graduation. Those little apples are really cute, good job.
Sorry to hear Davin has to get tubes in his ears. But good job on taking him in and finding that out!

Tasha said...

Yeah for Weston finishing his first year. So fun! He looked pretty happy. Your gifts to the teacher turned out cute too. Have fun with Melanie this weekend!

Delia said...

THat is good news about Davin! Way to stick to your guns.

Very cute apple card holders! Look at you miss crafty pants.

Anonymous said...

Preschool is the best because there's no homework:) Your teacher gifts were creative and thoughtful. What teacher wouldn't love a Border's gift card?! And I'm impressed that Weston can write his name so well.

Enjoy the dinner that you don't have to make!

Denny said...

Congrats on first year of school! Way to go Weston!! Papa B loves the spikey hairdo and is jealous that he cant grow enough to have his own spikey doo.

Whitney and Blake said...

I love that they had him make his own graduation hat and that you made them those cute gift card holders! So fun and so creative!

J, J and B said...

A mother's intuition is a very special thing. Good luck with Davins appointments. I'm sure it's uphill for him now. He'll be very grateful!