
Weston loves this sweater because he thinks it makes him look like a tiger. He fittingly calls it his tiger sweater. Tonight Ian is working late at a video shoot, so I took the kids to Chick-Fil-A for dinner. On Wednesday nights kids eat free and they usually have a craft or something for the kids to do. Tonight they had a lady doing face painting! Weston was so super excited to get his face painted like a tiger. He waited patiently in line for about 5 minutes then came back to me and was a little disappointed. He told me it was a dollar to get your face painted. Unfortunately I didn't even have a dollar. I gave him the 75 cents I had in my wallet and told him to ask the lady if she would do it for him for that. Turns out he had just seen the tip jar and assumed it cost money. When he came back with his face painted he told me that it was free for 4 year olds.

He spent the rest of the evening running around the play place pretending to be Sher Khan from Jungle Book. The kids got balloons on the way out too. Best dinner out ever. In their opinion anyway. :)

Davin has been a sickie with a cough and cold. He is starting to get a better though. Less coughing anyway. Today he took a 3 1/2 hour nap! That is unheard of for him. Weston used to pull 3 1/2 hour naps out of his hat all the time, but this is definitely rare for Dav. I think it was a good thing that he got that much rest. I didn't mind it either.
This weekend is the Father and Son camp-out. I think Davin will have to sit this year out, but by next year he will for sure be invited. Weston is really excited about his first ever camping experience. I know, I know. We are horrible parents for not taking him camping in the last 4 years. In our defense we totally had plans to go, were packed and everything, when Davin came down with a fever and cold the night before.
Anyway, this weekend is also stake conference (yeah I know, horrible planning on the part of the stake), so we will be busy busy starting with the stake temple session tomorrow night (if I can find a sitter). Our ward choir is providing the music in the general session, so I hope that goes well. I have my concerns. Send good high note thoughts my way Sunday morning.
11 comments:
that is a seriously cool face painting job. he looks awesome!
That's the best face painting I've ever seen.
And Uncle Eli would be horrified to hear that his nephew has never been camping--Ivy went camping when she was three months old (though I don't necessarily recommend that either). Hope he has fun though.
Ditto the above comments about it being awesome face painting. I used to do balloon animals at carnivals for kids with disabilities... they didn't care that all the animals looked about the same! lol I'd love to learn face painting.
That Weston sure has a knack for the dramatic!! Tell him Grandma B says he really looks Sher Khan-ish! I'm sad that Dav doesn't get to go to the Father-Son outing. Sad for both of you. . but there's always next year. I will be thinking of you with those high notes. I suggest singing "hip-hip-hip-hip-hip" on a D-M-S-M-D going up by half steps ;-) Love you all!!
I bet you will do great! That face paint is AWESOME!
Weston looks so cute! I love reading your blog. Your kids are adorable! oh, and thanks for the comments you make on my blog. They always make me feel better. Like maybe I'm not such a crazy mom after all.... : )
hahaha! love it! i love how kids get so excited about things!
I just commented on your FB and now I am laughing again at these pics. What a ham! That is some bomb face painting too!
That sounds like the best dinner out to me too! Sign me up for the tiger-shirt-and-facepaint food! He is such a character!
and here are some high note thoughts...
that face paint is seriously awesome! i didn't know about kids eating free on wed at chick fil a. is that always? what times? we should meet sometime! :)
haha! His super mean tiger faces made me laugh. He was way into it! Justin might be taking Jarom on a father-son campout tomorrow, too... hasn't decided though seeing how Jarom is... 2.
Post a Comment