Thursday, May 6, 2010

Reading Fool

This week I have been a reading fool. It's been a little hard actually because when I get absorbed in a book I don't do anything else and I get a little grumpy because I should be doing other things. Oh well. I still love escaping into a good book.

This week I read The Penderwicks on Gardam Street and I'm about halfway through The Goose Girl (for the 3rd or 4th time). I just bought both of these books at Borders last weekend, so I had to read them. I also just picked up The Host from the library. I have already read it, but it was awhile ago, so I wanted to give it another read. I don't know if I'm weird like that or not. Do you re-read books you like over and over?

Anyway, I also felt like I spent this whole week just waiting for this weekend. I sure hope it lives up to it's hype. :) Tonight the kids are going to have a sleepover with the Miller boys so that Ian and I can go to the midnight showing of Ironman 2 with a big group from Ian's work. I'm excited to have the evening to ourselves. And Weston is super excited to be having a sleepover.

Friday night we are going to our friend, Justin's graduation party at a park, so that should be fun. Saturday morning Weston has a Primary activity. Later that night Ian and I are going on another date! We are going to dinner and to the Utah Symphony. I haven't been to the symphony in years and Ian has never been. I scored us 2 tickets for $20 through Groupon. It was my first purchase through them and it was really quite simple and I liked that they had a live stream of questions with Utah Symphony employees to answer them right there on the webpage while I was trying to decide whether or not to purchase these or not.

Sunday is Mother's Day so it's bound to be a good day. :) Weston is giving his second Primary talk that day and singing with the Primary for the first time in Sacrament meeting. It's going to be a big weekend. I will try to remember to take lots of pictures!

I hope everyone has a lovely Mother's Day weekend!

7 comments:

Cami said...

Groupon is cool. I got a massage through them for 60% off once!

Jared and Delia said...

How fun! Have a great weekend. I am the opposite when it comes to books. I cannot stand to read a book twice...except for the scriptures. :)

Kate said...

Well I'm a LITTLE jealous of your weekend! Sheez! JK- I'm glad you're going to have fun. You deserve it. Happy Mothers Day to you too.
I think I better read Goose Girl if you like it that much:)

Emilee said...

I have some books that I've read dozens of times. I reread The Host too, and still liked it the second time. I've never heard of that other book you bought. Maybe I'll check it out.

Momn said...

I was so proud to have read a book the first time :-) Your weekend sounds so busy full of fun things!! Are you a yellow?? Like your mother?? Let's see. . .tomorrow my SCCC choir is singing at a senior center and then Dad and I are going out to dinner. Saturday we're going to the temple (instead of the ward service project. . .there was NO other time) and then to Uncle Rich's for Mother's Day dinner. Should be fun! Then it's. . YES. . Mother's Day. Dad already has my presents wrapped and on the toy box. That makes things pretty exciting, if you ask me ;-) I wish I could be there to hear Weston's talk and especially hear him sing!! Is is illegal to video in church? J/K Can't wait to talk to you on Sunday!

Shan said...

I totally reread books over and over again! It's not weird at all (unless I'm weird too). Happy Mother's Day Shan!

Liz Smith said...

happy early mothers day! i still haven't read goose girl or the host....that will definitely be on my summer reading list. :)