Saturday, June 5, 2010

Davin's Ears, among other things.

This week was busy with swimming lessons and catching up with laundry and grocery shopping. Wednesday night we also attended the Earnst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards dinner with some other people from Verite. We were there mostly to support another company who was a sponsor of the awards. It was fun to get all dressed up again, but we had a hard time finding a babysitter for Wednesday night and ended up taking the kids over to a neighbor's house to play while we were gone. They loved it, but it was kind of a late night for everyone.
Bright and early Thursday morning I woke up Davin and took him to the ENT Surgery Center to get his ear tubes placed. He was so adorably cute all morning and was very happy and compliant while they did all the prep on him.
He was not a huge fan of the gown and ended up just going shirtless for the procedure. I stayed with him until he was asleep under the anesthesia and then waited in the lobby. I didn't wait long though. It was only about 15-20 minutes before they called me back and he was awake. He was not a happy boy. He was crying and squirming and seemed kind of out of it. He kept trying to get out of my lap, which was annoying. Also I think they should have given me the post-op packet and information before they gave me my screaming child because I was having a hard time listening.
Davin calmed down in the car and by the time we got home he was fine. He was excited to eat some breakfast and have some milk. We spent the day mostly relaxing, but did squeeze in a quick library trip. Davin really seemed fine all afternoon. And he's been great since then. He is not a fan of the prescription ear drops he has to have right now, but other than that he has been back to his normal, happy self. Hooray! He also is already saying Weston with the "n" at the end instead of saying it Westie. I think he's going to be speaking better real quick.

Last night we all went to the park after dinner. It was such a nice night. It feels so good to be able to enjoy the long, warm nights. After playing at the park for awhile we drove over to Cold Stone at Jordan Landing. They had a band playing in the middle of the shops, so we got our ice cream and then sat outside to eat it. The kids were so funny dancing and running around and giving high fives to all the other people listening to the band. We just had a really fun night. By the time we got home it was bedtime. Perfect!

Today Ian has some help getting some more drywall up in the den. Tonight is the Elders Quorum BBQ, so that should be fun too. Hooray for weekends and nice weather!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Davin is such a cute boy. I'm glad everything went ok with the surgery. Makenzie had to go under general anesthesia as a baby when they did an MRI on her and she was sooo out of it and just crying when she woke up, I can only imagine that a 2 year old would be hard to console. That's crazy you can already see an improvement in his speech, I have no doubt he will be talking like a pro very soon!

Mom said...

Yea, for having the tubes in and done!! I'm excited to hear him talking up a storm by our Zion trip. I'm glad your weather is turning nice. I talked to Mel last night and they are still having rainy, windy weather. We're going to be in the low 90's for the next several days. But our backyard is beautiful, so it's fun!! Enjoy your day!! Send pictures of the den when it's finished!

joyous said...

That is so great that Davin is already talking better. I can't wait to see all of you guys in July!!!

You guys have had a busy week, going right into the weekend. I hope that Ian was able to make some good progress on the den.

(How did you guys get invited to the EQ BBQ???)

Delia said...

That is wonderful that the surgery went so quickly and easily!

Very cool that you guys get to get dressed up for fun functions like that too.

Tasha said...

I am glad the tubes went in and everything went well. That is a nice Sigh of relief. It sounded like a great weekend. I love the good weather and summer feel. Although we have been around 100 all weekend, and well, I am missing the 80's already. But, such is life. At least we are heading to the good fun summer stuff. Happy about that

emilyosburne said...

I am cracking up that your husband says you are only happy if the temperature is between 70 and 73 degrees. I am the same way!