Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Musings

After all my complaints about the never ending Utah winter, I am now starting to think I should have just kept my mouth shut. My house is rapidly heating up. It has been in the 80's for the last several days and my house got up to 77 inside. Luckily it still gets pretty cool at night. And we are supposed to get some storms and 60's weather this weekend, which actually might be somewhat welcome.

Despite my narrow window of comfort (Ian teases me that I'm only happy when it's between 70 and 73 degrees) I am prepared for summer. I went shopping for some maternity clothes last night. I have finally gotten to the point where none of my jeans fit. I have never needed maternity clothes in the summer since I've tried to plan it so I'm never pregnant in the heat, so I definitely needed a few pairs of capris and some more short sleeve tops.

I started at Old Navy since my favorite maternity jeans are from there, but alas they had very little and most of it was not that cute anyway. Next I decided to check Kohl's. I hit the motherload there. They had a ton! And it was all on sale or clearance. I felt a little guilty shopping at Kohl's without any coupons, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and buy stuff you need. I ended up getting 2 pairs of denim capris, a smocked cotton dress, and 2 long sleeved tops for Fall/Winter. I spent about $75. I thought that wasn't too bad. Certainly less expensive than shopping at Motherhood.

I'm 14 weeks now and finally feeling less nauseous all the time. Hooray! I still haven't gained any weight. Also hooray! But I look pregnant. How does the weight migrate like that? I'm looking forward to getting some energy back soon too.

Weston is doing fabulous with swimming lessons! Yesterday he put his whole head under the water a few times. He still came up kind of spluttering and wiping his eyes and ears, but there was no crying and I'm hoping he's starting to get used to the idea of putting his face in the water.

I was really excited to find out a few weeks ago that the Cinemark theater near us was doing summer kid movies! They had a deal where you could get a pass for all 10 movies they are showing this summer for $5 per person or $1/person/show. I decided to just pay for the ones we go to since I'm not sure we will go to more than 5 movies. Weston is especially excited about getting to see movies at the theater. Today is the first one. It's Alvin and the Chipmunks. I hope Davin doesn't get too restless. I will be sure to bring him some popcorn. If you live in the area and want to join me one of these weeks let me know!

I think I'm due for a haircut. When my hair ends up in a ponytail by lunch every day that usually means it's time. I'm debating about putting blonde highlights in for the summer. Any thoughts?

9 comments:

JAB0218 said...

Congratulations on Baby #3. I'm glad you found some new clothes. I'm glad Weston likes swimming lessons, Hailie starts on the 29th so we will see how that goes.

joyous said...

I love your random musings. :) Congrats on finding some clothes. The capris are always a great summer buy. And YEA!!! for Weston putting his head in the water. That's awesome. I hope you have fun at the movies too. I think Davin will be happy with his popcorn. My girls are always thrilled to just sit and eat for an hour and thirty minutes. Sheesh! I also totally vote for the blonde highlights. I think it's always nice to lighten up for summer. ;) I love you so much and will talk to you this week.

Tara said...

I was just at Ross and they have some cute maternity clothes, too, so if you ever need more... I was very tempted but since I only have 2 months left, I decided I could make do with my old stuff. I did splurge and get a new diaper bag for baby though.
Anyway! What a cool deal on those summer movies. I would go with you tonight but Kenz has soccer and then I have enrichment after. But keep me posted on future movies!

Liz Smith said...

if only it could be 73 degrees year round! haha. I totally know what you mean. As much as i love summer more than winter, the humidity here can get really annoying...especially because it doesn't cool off at night and we have to have our AC running 24/7. We have a cool week this week which will be nice for our energy bills.

glad you found some cute clothes!!! i say go for the highlights! why not, right? although i really do like you as a full on brunette...but i may just be biased towards brunettes....hahaha.

Tasha said...

yeah for being 14 weeks and slowly starting to feel better! I think you got some great deals. Yeah. Love the summer movies too. We have a place in Redlands that does it and I plan to take the boys too. Fun stuff.

Mom said...

Now that school is out it's time for the summer activities. We are so much alike. I'm the same way with the small window of comfort. We have been working in the yard and enjoying the weather, but I know when it gets hot, then I will be holed up in the house. It was suppose to be really hot this weekend, but so far the computer isn't showing it. I'm hoping that was just a rumor. I say put blonde highlights in your hair. I always put blonde highlights in my hair ;-) Today I did the Sierra Vista assemblies and walked back and had lunch at Taco Bell with the choir. It wasn't too bad either. The kids want to sing for the 6th graders. I hope they aren't sorry. That makes two assemblies on my B-day . . sheeshh . . . these kids work me to death ;-) Only 7 1/2 more days of school!!! Love ya!

Delia said...

Nice maternity clothes finds. I agree. You have to just get what you need sometimes. When you are pregnant it is really hard to find something comfortable and flattering so it is even hard to find a good deal on something you want.

We are doing that summer movie thing too up here! It sounds like we are seeing the same movies too.

I personally like your hair dark, dark brown. :)

Alecia @ Savings and Stewardship said...

Your family is so cute! Congrats on the impending addition. Love the little counter at the top. :)

As long as it is okay with you, I'm going to publish your Tuna Biscuits recipe on Savings & Stewardship tomorrow - along with my own personal recipe! I love yours & will, of course, credit you with it. Thanks!!

Emily said...

Swimming lessons sound awesome! I used to teach swim lessons and it was amazing when kids worked up the courage to put their heads under the water!