Monday, June 28, 2010

The Pool

I mentioned in my last post that we got our pass to the local recreation center on Saturday. It includes unlimited use of the pools. And the pools are really cool. This year is the best so far for taking the kids. They are both fairly independent. Especially Weston. Today he climbed all over the play structures (one of which is shown in the above photo) and did all the slides by himself. I stayed with Davin in the zero entry area and kept an eye on Weston from there. Davin's favorite is the splash pad on the right side of the photo. We set up our chairs under the giant blue and white striped umbrella and took a water/fruit snack break there.

Today we had friends join us for the first hour of pool time. After they left we randomly met up with some other friends from Weston's swimming lesson class. We ended up staying at the pool for 2 1/2 hours today. It was so fun! I love the warm weather and being at the pool! I'm debating about going again tomorrow when the temps are supposed to be almost 100. We'll see. I am just so glad that we got a pass so we can go as much as we want!

9 comments:

joyous said...

Love it! We had overcast sky and clouds. It even drizzled on our way home from swim lessons!! And the pool wasn't as warm as usual b/c they had a swim meet over the weekend and had cooled it down. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, weather and pool-wise!

Carly said...

I have SERIOUS cravings to go swimming these days. That pool looks awesome!!

Hilary said...

Looks fun -- I'm sad, I don't think we'll be doing much at the pool this summer (or at least, I won't) with a brand new baby (one of these days) . . . maybe I can just enjoy the break when Greg takes the girls! :-)

Liz Smith said...

how fun! and it doesn't even look that crowded. is it usually like that? im sure the kids will have a blast all summer. that pool pass was a very good investment. :)

Delia said...

I want to go too since it will be so hot! We'll see if everyone is well when we wake up. I have major pool envy right now. :)

Tara said...

I agree that this has been the easiest pool year so far. We went today too, it's so great. Lovin' summer!

Tasha said...

That is seriously AWESOME!! I want a pool area like that. I would want a pass too! Fun stuff. I say go almost every single day. That is what I would do if I was you! With no guilt either. Fun!

Lana said...

That pool looks awesome. Why don't they have pools like that in SoCal? The Lehi Legacy Center pool is set up the same kind of way, but it's indoor/outdoor, which is great for us ghost white people :)

J, J and B said...

That's such a good long break to have. Let the kids have some fun and be entertained! Plus you get some sun too! :)