Friday, June 11, 2010

This Week . . .

-I cut fresh roses for the kitchen table. They stabbed me multiple times. I kind of hate roses.

-Weston finished swimming lessons and was sad they are over. He didn't pass Tot 2, but I am so proud of him because he had such a good attitude, put his whole face in the water several times, and made a new friend.
-I made dinner every single night. Even though one night was spaghetti and one night Ian bbq'ed.

-I didn't get the kitchen floor swept. Probably because I was here.
-We went to the park and enjoyed our first free lunch in the park of the summer. It was burritos. The kids were not really fans, but liked their Cheetos and chocolate milks.

-I took both kids to a movie by myself and didn't have to take anyone out.

-I read Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane (Book #2 in the Underland Chronicles) by Suzanne Collins. Even though this series is more geared towards tween/teen boys I really think they are fun books.

-I baked chocolate chip cookies. They turned out flat for some reason. But the dough tasted great!

-Ian finished all the drywall in the den! This weekend we start mudding. If you are in the area and need a service project on Saturday we would welcome the help. :)
-I didn't make lunch most days. Lunch is the hardest meal of the day for me since I don't really like sandwiches. I usually just end up snacking my way through the afternoon or eating a baked potato for lunch.

-I bought popsicles. It is officially popsicle season. Hooray!

-I bought printer ink. It cost $50. Are you kidding me?!? Have any of you used the ink refill service at Walgreens? Is it cheaper?

-My mommy celebrated her __nd birthday! I'm not sure how she feels about me announcing her age on my blog, so I'll let you guess. I wasn't there, but I think she had a great birthday. I thought about her all day and waited to call because I knew she was busy with assemblies most of the day. Then I forgot to call. Until about 8:30pm. Luckily Weston was still awake and sang to her with me. Happy Birthday Mom!

-The kids played outside for hours with their Buzz Lightyear squirt guns. They mostly tried to wash all the sidewalk chalk off the walls of the house and didn't spend too much time shooting at each other.

-Ian hung the hammock.

-Weston took this picture and wanted me to put it on the blog.
-It was summer and we are loving it. This weekend is a little break from summer since it will be stormy and only in the low 60's, but I am going to take advantage of that and make soup and get in some last minute baking.

8 comments:

Tasha said...

I loved this! What a great week. Sounded like it was a good amount of busy-ness. I sure wish my park did free lunches in the summer. What a brilliant fun idea. Go you on cooking. As for ink I ALWAYS buy the refills on line. $13 for color $7 for black. It has worked great for me. Plus often it is free shipping if you find the right site. You should try it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

joyous said...

What a great week! Stupid roses! Yea for Weston! Super yea for the drywall up! And super duper yea for the popsicles!!! I love you tons.

Hilary said...

I hate roses too. Plus, out here the deer just eat them all, so they're not even worth growing. :-)
I bought a whole bunch of popsicles on cheap, and then my freezer got left open and they all melted all over my garage floor and I almost cried . . .

Good picture takin' skills Weston!

Unknown said...

I love this "lil slice of life" post that captures all the joys of summer! Ah, I love this!

Liz Smith said...

i'll have to read those books....i really enjoyed her hunger games series.

your den is looking good!!! i can't wait to see the finished product. :)

Shewi128 said...

Ink refills at walgreens and costco are the best

Whitney and Blake said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Good for you at cooking dinner every night! I have the hardest time cooking dinners during the summer. And yay for popsicles! Our freezer is full of Otter Pops right now! If you guys every need help with anything we would love to come up and help out! Let us know!

Emily said...

I go through the same thought process when I buy printer ink. I am going to buy it tomorrow! It is convenient to be able to print pictures whenever you want without leaving the house, though.