Friday, July 2, 2010

Ahh Payday

If you're anything like me you look forward to pay day. The morning the money is in the account I hop online and pay the bills for the next two weeks. Today I also grocery shopped. I mean marathon grocery shopped. We hit up Walmart for non-perishables then headed to Winco for their sweet coupon deals and cheap produce (I got a seedless watermelon for $2). After that we had to drop by home to put away the groceries that needed to be kept cold.

Next up was Davin's haircut. I wasn't planning on doing that today, but I had a Great Clips coupon that was expiring, so I just slipped it in there. He did so much better than he has in the past! No crying at all. He did hunch his shoulders every time the clippers touched him, but his hair got cut and he got a sucker and all was well. We grabbed some lunch then made a quick last stop at Sam's Club. I only buy a few things at Sam's normally, but today I really only had 4 items on my list. All cheapest at Sam's though. We lucked out with tons of samples too. We barely made it home in time to catch Elmo's World on Sesame Street before nap time. Whew!

I had to lay down during quiet time. I am debating about cleaning my house. The floors are a mess, but I know they will look just as bad 12 hours from now even if I clean them. That's so depressing. I think I'll wait to vacuum until after we clean up the backyard and are done coming in and out. Then the house will at least look nice until morning.

Yesterday I got a babysitter and picked Ian up from work for a lunch/carpet shopping date. It was really fun. We went to this random Leatherby's in Midvale that serves really good Mexican food. I had a fajita chicken taco and two different tamales. Yum. We also got a scoop of ice cream there. We found a couple affordable carpeting options and I think we are going to end up going with the basic berber. I think it will just suit our needs in that room the best even though it's not the prettiest carpet. Plus we can get the carpet, pad, and installation for around $350. Pretty good price.

Today Ian is coming home early and I think we will head to Home Depot with our carpet swatch to pick out paint and tile for the entry. This long weekend's den agenda is to sand down the second coat of mud, texture the walls using the remaining mud, then paint. Hopefully middle of next week we will be laying the tile and scheduling the carpet installation! It's all coming together! I can't wait for it to be done!

We also will throw a BBQ with some friends in there tomorrow and an awesome fireworks show at Murray Park. Happy Independence Day weekend!

6 comments:

Liz Smith said...

i do the exact same thing with payday and bill paying. it's crazy how quickly the $$ drops in one day! oh the joys of adulthood.

berber is a good pick, esp for a den. we have cream/almost white berber all over our place and even though i am sooo not a fan of the look either, it is extremely durable! people always ask us if our carpet is new and even though it's the original carpet that was put in when our place was built 11 years ago. It also cleans up really well which is great because i was worried when i saw it was almost white. so even though i dream of putting in hardwood floors someday in the not to distant future, i have been happy with it so far. can't wait to see the paint and tile you picked! :)

Delia said...

Yay...have fun at your BBQ. I can't wait to see your finished basement pics. :)

elizabeth said...

You are making me tired with all your plans! But keep going on that den! Yeah for you. Tonight we went to Greg Irwin's wedding and tomorrow the Stake 4th of July breakfast. . off to get pedicures and lunch with Becky G and Camille C. and then to the Chitwood's for their annual BBQ party. See, we can have just as much fun with absolutely no work involved whatsoever ;-)

Have a fun and productive weekend. I love you!!

J, J and B said...

Nothing better than payday and the 4th of July! I hope you have a nice weekend!!

Tasha said...

Sounds like a day of getting a lot accomplished. Go you!!! Have fun celebrating independance day! I love the 4th. It really is one of my favorite holidays.

Tara said...

Oh I didn't realize you went to our little Mexi-by's! We love that place. Do they still have the sign that says, "Ay Caramba! Leatherby's se volvio Mexicano!"? I love it. Glad you are narrowing things down for the room, good luck picking a paint color, that is so hard!