Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Zion Family Reunion!

This past weekend was our Olson Family reunion. This is the first time we have done a trip with all of my siblings and it was SO fun! We stayed at the fabulous Cliff Rose Lodge. It was the perfect place for us. Mom and Dad, Jules, and Brad and Mel stayed in a 2 bedroom family suite that had two separate bedrooms and bathrooms. It also had a little living room area, a (almost) full kitchen and a huge dining table. They had a private balcony too. Joy and Jim and our little family had our own regular rooms, but they were nice too. It was perfect having that one space for us all to gather in. And I loved being all together for our meals.

On Friday morning we drove down to Zion. We got there just after 2pm and checked in. We immediately got in the pool and swam with cousins. We actually did a lot of swimming, but alas there are no pictures of that since we were all in the water. That evening we had a campfire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. It was the Olson girls version of camping and it was perfect. Ian played Trac Ball, Davin gathered pinecones with Mimi, Grandma B brought bubble wands, and my kids tried cooking their own dinner over the fire for the first time. It was hot, but in the shade it felt nice. The kids were all so tired that they were in bed by 7:30 that night. While the rest of us stayed up and played Just Dance on the Wii. It was hilarious. I sure love my family!
I know I'm keeping you in suspense about the details of our 20 week ultrasound, but I really wanted to just tell all of our family in person since we are seeing them all this week, so here's a sneak peek of our healthy baby. Details to come later this week. :)

8 comments:

joyous said...

Dang you're fast!!! Love ya!

Liz Smith said...

suspense is an understatement! :P im excited to find out though.

oh, and per your last comment on my blog, i have to say i thought the same thing! I saw a family with two little kids on our flight and they were freaking out. The kids were doing alright, but i can tell the parents were STRESSED! i felt so bad for them. I think they ended up bagging the whole thing after our first delay (cuz i don't remember seeing them get back on the plane the second time) which i am so glad they did because i don't think anyone could have imagined arriving in chicago at 5am. those would have been some SAD kids. the only advice i can give you is if you ever need a connecting flight, NEVER connect in Ohare. haha. :)

Tara said...

But you can't see both of the babies in that ultrasound... haha just kidding. Your family reunion looks so fun, I bet you guys had a blast! And Weston looks SO SO tan, holy moly.

Tasha said...

So fun!!!! I am hoping to get my family to go camping together next year. We shall see. I am glad it went so nice. I cannot believe you are making us wait to find out!!! I just keep checking to see if you have announced it yet....but thanks for the sneak picture. So fun!

jilljohnson said...

Looks like you had a great time. Being together with family is always great. You looks so good!

Kat and Steve said...

Oh, you're killing us! I guess girl, but I'm almost always wrong so I supposed my vote doesn't count.

J, J and B said...

So fun. I love these posts. It makes me miss "camping", the outdoors and summer!!

Katie said...

looks like a great reunion!