. . . I love these two goofballs. I had to post this picture. Davin is full on into the monkey see, monkey do stage of brotherhood. They were both perched up here looking at books, but I can't get a straight face out of Weston these days.

. . . after a long day I'm glad I have this waiting for me. I have spent every single night this week doing bedtime by myself. Ian has either been out mowing the lawn, at church meetings, or at work. Sigh. At least I have Harry Potter and a cup of good ice waiting for me in the nice, quiet den.

. . . last night we shopped at IKEA and got some of the bedding for the new bunk beds. Today we decided to buy the mattresses and put it all together. It's kind of fun re-decorating, but there are always more things to buy than I plan on. I didn't think about the fact that I didn't have twin mattress pads or twin fitted sheets. Or a pillow for Davin. Whoops. We ended up having to make an afternoon Target run too. I am very happy with how the bunk beds look. They take up a lot more space in the room, but I think we will manage. Now the question is how often I will be up in the night with Davin tonight. :)
BEFORE:

AFTER:


. . . I'm feeling accomplished. I have to share my dinner menu plan for the week with you. I have gotten re-inspired by my awesome cousin Tasha to get back into menu planning. I have been slacking this summer, but I may as well start transitioning back into the routine.
Saturday- BBQ shredded pork sandwiches with corn on the cob and fruit
Sunday- LO pork sandwiches with carrot sticks, fruit, and chips
Monday- spaghetti with mizithra and ceasar salad
Tuesday- carnitas tacos with corn
Wednesday- BLTA sandwiches with fruit
Thursday- breakfast (probably french toast?)
Friday- eat out/LO
Saturday- grilled burgers/hot dogs with fruit and chips
Sunday- shoyu chicken stir fry
5 comments:
The room looks great. The bedspreads look like the same bedspread as Weston's toddler bed only twin size. Are they both IKEA? So you went with the wall facing the front of the house. If you get a chance show a picture of the desk part of the bed. I didn't get to see enough ;-) I can't wait to hear the report of Davin in a big boy bed. Good luck.
i LOVE those bunk beds!! i haven't seen those before. they are way cooler than the tradition bunk beds that are the same direction because you have that awesome storage space! great choice...the room looks great. :)
I'm sad to see Weston's little bed go. It's so cute! But bunkbeds are really fun!! I'm so terrible at weekly meal planning, but when you do it.. it's SO much easier!
Love the new bunk bed!! I am sure they are loving it too. I also love that you posted a weekly menu!! SO fun!! Mmm, those pork sandwiches are sounding very yummy. I need to do that one again. I haven't do it in a very long time.
Yay for bunk beds! That menu sounds yummy. I would love your Shoyu Chicken Stir Fry recipe if you don't mind posting it.
Post a Comment