We made up for it today. I let Weston pick an outing and he chose the Thanksgiving Point Children's Garden. It was a beautiful day. Not too hot. There were a few new activity areas there since we had been last, including a little river you could float wood pieces down, a sand pit, and a little wooden medallion craft station. I didn't bring the camera, so there are just a few pics from my phone. I thought the water in the Noah's Ark fountain was going to be too cold for the kids so I didn't bring bathing suits. I told them to just put their feet in. Well that didn't work out. Weston was soaked by the end. Oh well. We had a good time.
Ian has been swamped at work this week. Poor guy is exhausted and stressed. He has been great about coming home for dinner to spend a little time with us and then going back to the office for a late night. It makes it seem like he's not as crazy busy when we see him in the evening. I still don't like going to bed by myself though. This little video is from a week or two ago when Ian was working late and not home for dinner. Davin sat there for several minutes before I started recording with his head thrown back yelling "Dad! Are you?" I only caught him doing it once on the video. He gets really excited when daddy comes home from work.
When my mom was here and we went to the pool, we walked out to our car and saw this hilarious bus in the parking lot across from us.
Anyway, all in all this has been a pretty nice week. Tomorrow morning I am watching my cousin's kiddos. I am hoping (fingers crossed) that Ian will be able to come home tomorrow night so we can have our take out and Harry Potter at-home date night. :) I have been re-reading the whole HP series and then watching the movies when I finish the books. It's super fun and is getting me really excited for the 7th movie to come out in November. It has also meant I've had something to keep me busy in the evenings when Ian is gone.
7 comments:
Ah, Barnacle Bart. I sure hope that Weston got some inspiration for his own puppet shows.
That video was adorable Shannon. What cute boys you have.
I hope you get more Ian time soon.
I laughed at the bus! It is so hard when the daddy is not home much. I can tell a difference in my little one too when Adam works late.
It seems as if you had a little cleaning spree! I can't stop once I start cleaning and doing all of it until it's done! Cute video of Davin!
maybe someday i will read the harry potter series. i think the movies are so so boring but everyone tells me it's because i haven't read the books.
Very fun. I'm so impressed at all you got done. I'm a little depressed about the state of my house right now. It's rather ridiculous. Hopefully, it will be better next week! Have a good weekend.
I'm trying not to laugh out loud at the bus. It's not working. You should send that in to a late night show.
Post a Comment