Ian has been working non-stop again. Like all night last Thursday and most of the day Saturday. He has been taking little breaks to come home for FHE Monday night and we escaped to the temple last night before he headed back into the office. They hired a new designer this week, so hopefully as he gets acclimated the hours will get back to normal.
In other news . . . Davin has started learning to say prayers. It's the cutest thing ever. He mostly only repeats the last word of whatever phrase I whisper to him, but he loves to do it and I'm sure will get better and better. He also like "reading" a verse when we read the Book of Mormon as a family. He just wants to be included. :)
In pregnancy news, I have finally entered the hungry trimester. I am hungry all the time now. It's kind of annoying. I can't go to bed without eating something first. A bowl of cereal is the standard. When it gets cold I'll switch to oatmeal. Tonight though I made this recipe. Not bad for a summer baked treat when you don't want to turn on the oven. Also I threw in white chocolate chips. Mmm.
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (Microwave Safe)
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly before pouring in the milk and oil in. Keep mixing. Add the optional chocolate chips next (who makes that an option!) and vanilla extract, and mix again…Put your mug in the microwave and cook for three minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed! Allow it to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
I have been feeling the baby move a lot. It seems like I didn't feel her move much until after 20 weeks. Baby kicks are my favorite part of pregnancy, so this trimester is feeling great. I'm 24 weeks! And you know December will be here before we know it.
5 comments:
Awesome!! I love that chocolate cake recipe, and white chocolate chips are a great addition. How fun to feel her kicking! So excited for you still. :)
that's a cool recipe. sounds like the same concept as those warm delights. have you tried those? They are yummy. :)
Yeah for a post! Glad life is moving along. :)
Ok...so I wouldn't feel bad if you didn't have anything to blog about! Especially when you are pregnant. I went on a blogging strike when I was pregnant with Reid. It just bugged me to blog very much.
That mug cake sounds yummy!
My kids watch SYTYCD with me sometimes and love it. It can risque though at times. Did you get to the end of the season yet?
Yay for being more than halfway there! How exciting.
I can't believe all of those ingredients would fit into a mug! Or maybe my mugs are on the small side. I wrote that down in my recipe book though and i'm going to try it! What a quick 'chocolate' fix!
Post a Comment