Let's just say it's less than great. I wanted to get together with some old friends, so I tried to plan a fun picnic at a park for Thursday evening. I was looking for a location somewhat in the middle of us all and came up with the
OC Great Park. I had no idea it was not much of a park. We drove around and around what looked like a municipal airport until we finally found an entrance that would lead us to the finished part of the park, which was not much. There was a small play area with some tables and some grass, but that's about it. We ended up taking our party to a restaurant for dinner rather than picnicking at the lame, starting-to-get-dark, chilly park. Sorry for the not as well-planned as I thought evening. It ended up being a fun visit with Pam and Amanda though. The kids all got along well and Ian was a good sport about being the only man around.

The whole park area had all these signs about why it was (or would eventually be) an awesome,
eco-friendly park. Ian said it reminded him of Arrested Development with the one model home and then nothing for miles around. :) It seemed like it was just a giant PR scam to me. I'll be interested to see if it ever develops into what it's planned to be.

Davin and Piper. Too cute two year
olds!

All the kiddos. Weston, James, Piper, and Davin. They had a lot of fun playing together.

Weston in front of the giant orange tethered helium balloon that you can ride in. Sometimes. When it's not too windy.

Pam (with baby boy coming in February), Amanda, and me. We had a great time visiting and catching up. Miss you ladies!

It was our last night at my parent's house, so we went home and had Golden Spoon and watched a movie while I sorted through all the baby girl clothes Joy had sent home with me.
Friday morning we got ready, packed up the car, and drove down to San Diego. We met up with Ian's parent's and
Aly and Ryan for lunch after checking into our hotel. Later that afternoon we swam in the pool then got dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Old Town. It was fun to wander around all the Old Town shops and listen to the live music playing.






Saturday morning was the big wedding! Garrett and Erin had a beautiful wedding. It was all at the hotel. The ceremony (which was super short and sweet) was outside in the courtyard near the pool, then the reception was in one of the ballrooms. While we were getting ready that morning, Ian's parents convinced us to stay an extra night at the hotel so we wouldn't have to rush off after the wedding. It was nice not worrying about the time and just enjoying the reception and visiting with all the family. We saw a lot of people we hadn't seen since Mike and Jenn's wedding back in 2004, so that was nice. Davin was more than ready for a nap by the time they cut the cake around 3pm, so I went and rested with him in our room while Ian and Weston watched the
BYU game with his parents in their room. Later we all ended up eating at In N Out and saying our good-byes.


We drove straight home Sunday. It took us about 12 hours from San Diego. We made it with only 3 stops again, but we were all much more tired and less enthusiastic than on the way to CA. :) This was the first time that Weston requested we move to California after a trip there. I can't argue . . . it would be fun.
7 comments:
wow, i haven't seen pam since high school. how fun that you girls got to hang out!
weston has the right idea....i think you should go with it. Permanent CA would be a blast! :)
They still haven't finished the OC Great Park?! I remember when they first released plans for the park when we lived in Lake Forest...six years ago. Glad you got to visit with friends, it's always nice to catch up.
Love the photo of the palm trees!
Tell Weston I second his opinion to move to California. Ian can be a big wig in the advertising industry. Hey, stranger things have happened. . .
that orange bicycle rack rocks!
i love your dress at that wedding. wedding worthy maternity dresses that look pretty...that is a feat.
Bummer about the lame park, but so fun to see Pam and Amanda! What a fun evening. The wedding sounds nice and I'm glad you were able to stay and visit for a bit longer too.
And I vote with Weston too!!! We miss you guys already.
Also, I hope you found a few things to get ready for little 'Pomegranate Bowles'. Heehee.
Glad you got together with friends. Even if it did end up being a crummy park. The wedding looked and sounded nice. What a fun trip you got to have!!
Wow, you guys are really making the most of this trip. You sure did plan and do a lot!! I love the photo of Pam. She hasn't posted anything on Facebook. So fun that you two can be pregnant together!
Post a Comment