I had a really wonderful birthday day. I spent the morning exercising and showering when I wasn't running kids to school. After I picked up the boys from preschool we met up with a friend for lunch at Jason's Deli. Yummy. We had a nice, long lunch at a restaurant without a playplace. The kids were really very well behaved and ate their food. After lunch we drove across the street to the mall where I bought myself some new makeup at Clinique and got my free gift. Always fun. Next we hit up See's for some birthday chocolate, then ended the outing at the little play area. It was a good outing with happy kids.
I spent the afternoon reading and relaxing. Definitely not doing the millions of chores and such that I knew I would have to do on Friday. Ian bathed the kids and put them to bed while I picked up Pei Wei takeout for dinner. We ate and watched shows together. The night was capped off with a cupcake with a candle in it and a little Happy Birthday serenade from my thoughtful hubby.
Friday was hectic, but I did get to meet up with another friend to check out the new Chick Fil A at Fort Union. Mostly my impression of it was that it was crowded. :) After lunch we swung into Target to pick up the photos of the kids we had done last weekend. They really aren't my favorite pictures, but they are ok, and I'm glad to have a photo of Talia for the living room wall.
This morning we had an early ward conference meeting/training. That meant that I had to leave early so I would have an hour to get things ready for Davin's Toy Story birthday party. The party was actually really low key and fun. He loved it.
We had pizza, chips, apples, root beer, and capri suns for lunch. After we ate, the kids ran around playing for awhile. Once they were rounded up we played pin the badge on Woody. Ian made each of the kids really cute badges. Davin's said Sheriff Davin and the rest of the kids were deputies. That was about all the organized game playing they were up for, which worked out just fine. Next we did cupcakes and sang to Davin. He was so funny about blowing out his candles. He did them in short little bursts of air, so it took him two tries to get them all out. :)
7 comments:
Yay for birthday fun! My package should get there tomorrow, I'm kinda glad I didn't send it earlier so now he has more presents to open on his birthday! Sorry yours is belated though. I added two little gifts for Weston, and they are labeled, "for Weston" any of the presents not written on are for Dav. Also there's your presents and some cute little somethings for Miss Talia that are neither pink or red. :)
Glad you guys had fun!!
Happy Birthday Dav & Shan!
i LOVE cozy date nights at home with my hubby and some takeout. so glad you had a great birthday! :)
Those Woody plates are darling. Looks like a fun successful party. Did you pick up the portion of the present from me?? We'll have to talk. I'll be sending something in the mail too. We had a wonderful weekend too. The choir exchange with the SD children's choir worked out well and then Dad and I had a very nice time. We went to the Mormon Battalion exhibit that they just re-opened and it's great. I'll send you the picture we took there. We are official "honorary" Mormon Battalion members ;-)
That was a fun party, thanks for having us over! Jarom thinks he's some sort of ninja with his little frisbee and they're loving those balloons! We just did pictures at Target, too, gotta love those $4 sheets.
Glad Davin enjoyed the pin the badge on Woody game ;) Three year olds are so easy to please. It's not so fun when birthdays become stressful ordeals. Glad you had a nice birthday as well...happy birthday to you both!!
Shan,love your hair! And the cupcakes turned out really cute. It looks like he certainly enjoyed his party! I'm glad you had a good b-day too!
Sounds like both of you had nice birthdays!! I loved your night-in, relaxing birthday. Sometimes those are the best! Especially as we get older! :)
Post a Comment