Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Shannon


Happy Birthday to the love of my life.
(It's kind of a big deal)

Your no frills birthday present to Shannon: Share a comment about a fun time you remember with her (birthday related or otherwise).


22 comments:

Olson Family said...

my favorite time with you Shannon would have to me when I was a freshman and you were a senior, since this was the year we really got to know each other. I had so much fun looking up to my big sister and hanging out with her. You were always so gracious with letting me tag along with you and your friends and never made me feel like the annoying little sister. You will never know how much that meant to me. I always tried to remember that when Melanie was at school with me even though I know I was never as good about it as you were. so thank you!! Hope you have an amazing birthday!!! I love you soo soo much!!

John and Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Shannon!

I remember meeting you at the Marshall's cabin--such a fun time! And I've loved getting to know you a little through blogs and Facebook.

Have a great day!

Emilee said...

This might not always be so fun for Shannon, but I appreciate and enjoy all the times she has picked us up from the airport and let us hang out at your house on the way to and from visiting my family.

Alexis said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Shannon Dear!

What a cute kiddo you were! :) Sooo... memories.

Remember that summer that we were roommates and you didn't kill me even though I am messy and you are super organized and neat? That was fun. :) There were some awesome Halloween costumes, double/group dates, and general shenanigans. One of my favorite memories is when Gabe and I were dating, we came over to your first married apartment in Provo. I just remember hanging out and playing games and having a great time.

Love you!!!

Becky Green said...

Shannon was my camp counselor and I just thought she was the coolest thing in the whole world. I don't remember a lot of the stuff we did because I was 12, but I remember a lesson she taught us one night. It was so great and I'll probably never forget it. :)

Alexis said...

Also...

I always think of you on St. Patty's day and how you used to say that your parents made you green tuna fish sandwiches for lunch on your birthday, which still weirds me out a bit. :)

Liz Smith said...

we never actually hung out much in high school, but i definitely remember thinking you were always so cool and so cute. you were also always super fun and happy all the time. i remember wishing i could be more like you. you are just such a fun person and the kind of girl that i'm sure lots of people continue to admire. :)

happy birthday, shannon!!!!! i hope you are having a wonderful day! :) *birthday hugs*

Kate said...

I used to babysit the sweet little Olson girls and love them all :) Shannon you're such an amazing girl! Happy birthday!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Shan! I loved all of our times going to get chicken strips at Arby's for lunch in high school! Hope you have a great day, miss you tons!

The Smith Family said...

Happy Birthday Shan! You are an amazing Mommy and I am so glad that even though the miles between us are many we can still be in each others lives. I learn so much from you and your family. Thank you for being so faithful and sweet. Happy Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

I remember you were always with ....TALLER guys! :) hee hee! j/k.

Eric and I agreed: our dominant memories are of how consistently NICE you were to everyone.

Happy Birthday!

elizabeth said...

I remember when I took you to get that picture. You didn't particularly like strangers and so I was always stressed and nervous when I took you to get pictures. . . and this was your big two year old picture at Olin Mills that I was paying the big bucks for. Of course, you were leery of photographer and were not giving out a lot of smiles that day. But you managed that sweet smile and actually I quite love it. The thing that makes me most excited it that you have that dress in your closet ready for Talia to wear when she gets big enough!! You are such a sweet, wonderful daughter and I'm so glad you are ours!! I hope you've had a happy day.

P.S. Can you believe I forgot to wear green today??

Carly said...

This morning I got up and put on green and thought: happy birthday Shannon!

I remember countless Friday afternoons at your house playing MASH and planning the quadruple wedding we were once upon a time going to have. Love it.

Shan said...

To my fellow Shan!

There are too many memories! I'm just going to do a list.

*Our phone recordings
*Buying Chucks with you and your sister
*Weezer, Juliana Theory, and other awesome music sharing
*Watching the meteor shower with you and your friends from Cali
*General fun roommateness
*You introducing me to Ian for the first time at Jamba Juice, and then later telling me you guys were engaged!
*And that you were always so nice to me!

You made freshman year that much better. (And I know there are soooo many other memories not included).

You're the best!

Love you!

Lynsey said...

I will never forget Girls Camp and our 4th level "River Dance"Tribute! You could really move sista! HAppy birthdaY!

joyous said...

Again, the list of good times with you is too long to recount and several people have brought up some awesome memories that I love. My favorite 'grown-up' memory is whenever we get to have a sleepover. Those late night talks are always the best! Love you so much, Sis!

Kayse Pratt said...

Zero period - either swim team or choir practices. Enough said. :)

J, J and B said...

Happy Birthday Shannon. My best memories are also from Girls Camp!!! Such a great time. Glad we go to know each other better there!!

Tara said...

(First I have to say that your smile in this picture reminds me of your boys' smiles).
I have so many fun memories, how do I choose?! I'd say going to the Olympic bobsled event in Park City was a pretty big one, just going out together freshman year being totally carefree, getting back in touch through my accidental phone call and finding out we were both pregnant!, our annual trips to the Witches, journeying through mom-hood together... we have a lot of great memories and lots more to come! Love you, happy birthday!

Tasha said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Shannon. I actually thought about you multiple times and was hoping it was a great one. I love that Ian put this on here for you. Love you Shannon

Alyse said...

when you introduced us to Shamoo & Flipper!

Delia said...

Awww...what a sweet husband! Happy Birthday. Sorry I am reading this so late. I remember hanging out with you at Presidency meetings at my house. You were always organized and upbeat about everything.