I'm sure yours are cute too, but mine take the cake in my book. :)
Weston is such a little grown up. For example the other day there were Cars magnets on the kitchen floor and I called out something to the effect of, "Who left the Cars magnets on the floor? If they don't get picked up in the next 30 seconds they're going in the trash!" (in a super nice voice, of course). And he ran in saying "Sorry Mom. Quite by accident I left them out." Quite by accident? Where did he pick that up? I'm sure I never talk that properly, so it must have been from his teacher at school or something.Weston is such a baby. When he doesn't get his way he pouts and huffs. Here he is at Davin's birthday party after he was told to let Davin open his own presents. Apparently being 5 is hard sometimes.
Davin's preschooler speech is adorable. My favorite is when he is angry at Weston or trying to get him to do something he calls him Weston Wobewt. It's hilarious. About 6 months ago he used to call him Weston James when he was mad because that's what he gets called (Davin James) when he is in trouble or being told to do something (usually for the 5th or 6th time).
Davin is smart. He knows all his letters. He was wandering around the house yesterday singing the ABC song. This morning when I turned on A Grand Day Out (Wallace & Grommit) he got all excited and said "Dat my name! Dat my name on dere!" Whenever he sees a capital letter D he thinks it is his name. :)
Davin loves to pretend. He is very rarely Davin. He is most often Buzz or Spiderman, either flying or shooting webs. He also like to pretend to be a puppy or kitty. As you may remember from a previous post, he will want to be pet, eat food off the floor, and bark incessantly. Who needs a real pet?
Davin is a peanut. Weighing in at only 26 pounds at age three he is a lightweight. We love to throw him around when we play. He is also still a great size for snuggling. Lately he has been wanting hugs. He'll come in (usually while I am feeding Talia or otherwise occupied) and say, "Mom, you dive me hugs? Pweease?" How can I say no to that? I can't. Sometimes he has to wait, but I love giving him big hugs and loves so it works out.
Her cuteness really needs no explanation. She just is. I love how her face lights up when she sees me.
Being a mom is a pretty great job. There are days where I wish I could be the one leaving for "work" in the morning instead of Ian, but then I remember how much I would miss out on.
Life is good.
8 comments:
you are such a good mom =) and yes your kids are adorable!!!
Love the story about the book. And it sounds like you are doing great with your quest for happiness.
And I'll second that your kids are adorable. Some people say that and I don't know where they get the idea---but yours are so cute!
Loving it, loving it!!! Your kids are pretty darn cute, I won't argue with that. :) Love all the pics too.
Jules was showing me the little book that you got her for her wallet size pictures and she was commenting on how cute her nieces and nephews were. That she shows them off to people and the other day somebody said how cute they were and Jules said, "I think they're cute, but they REALLY ARE cute!" That's Henshaw's included! Actually, it's only two weeks from today that I get to fly to your house to see those cute kids. . . yea me!!
I really want to get our kids together! You really do have some cuties! Really, truly.
P.S. Theo literally weighs eleven pounds more than Davin. I feel like I have monster children...
They are all 3 adorable :) Maybe someday I'll meet them in REAL life :)
they ARE pretty cute! Love Weston's "sometimes I forget you love me so I read this book" story
Love this post! SO so cute. Love getting to know more about the kids! I'm sure being their mom is so great!
Post a Comment