Monday, May 16, 2011

Camping and Primping

This weekend was fabulous! Ian took the boys camping with the scouts on Friday as soon as they got home from swimming lessons. They were gone for less than 24 hours, but they had a blast. It was Davin's first time camping overnight. The first thing he said to me when he got home was "Mom, I pee on pwants!" Only two of the young men ended up going on the camp out, so it worked well for the kiddos to go too. It was also perfect weather for it. Almost 80 and didn't cool down too much at night. A couple hours after they got home on Saturday though a storm blew through and dumped rain across the valley, so it was good that they didn't stay too long.
While the boys were gone I cleaned the house (which was kind of a waste, but I enjoyed it for one night and a morning). I mopped the kitchen and entryway, vacuumed, cleaned the stove, tidied, folded laundry, etc. I ended up staying up a little bit late to paint my nails and watch Psych. Talia was a champion sleeper and we both had a great night's sleep. It was nice having the bed to myself and not having to worry about being kept up by snoring. Talia was only up once and then slept in until 7:30! It totally made up for my having to get up early all of Mother's Day weekend. Maybe next year I'll ask for Ian to take the boys camping. ;) I didn't get any pictures of Talia while the boys were away because she honestly slept most of the time, but here's a shot from this morning of my littles playing on the bed while I got dressed for the day. I love my job.
Doesn't Talia look so much like Davin here?!?
Weston and Davin were exhausted on Saturday from staying up way too late the night before, so they took naps and everyone rested and hung around the house while I went and got my hair done. I am so bad about waiting and waiting to get it done until my hair is a desperate situation and I just cannot put it off one more day! Needless to say I am loving having fun color (we did dark mixed with a bright red) and a cute cut again.
It's kind of refreshing and renewing to get my hair done right in the middle of My May Challenge. It is motivating to keep taking care of myself, you know? Speaking of the Challenge . . . we are on to Week 3 and going strong!
I may have sort of failed at last week's treat goal, but in my defense I baked the batch of cookies I ate with whole wheat flour! :)

Week 3 Goals:
-Do 30 Day Shred Level 2 at least 3x.
-Eat 5 servings of fruits/veggies per day.
-Choose healthy options on my CA trip this weekend!

That last goal is a bit of a cop-out, but I honestly believe that life isn't worth living if you can't have food you love, so I'm not going to make any unrealistic goals for my trip, however I am going to try to be mindful of what/how much I am eating.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, love the color and cut of your hair! I've always thought the dark color with hint of red looks good but I don't think I have the right coloring to pull it off. You look fabulous!

Sounds like a great weekend with only one child who slept a lot :) Davin's comment is hilarious...boys have it so easy! Zander thinks it's cool that he gets to pee in the shower.

Liz Smith said...

love the cut and color. you seriously look awesome with short hair!

joyous said...

Woot! You're rockin' the red!!! Can't wait to see the awesomeness in person. :) So glad the boys all had fun on their camping trip. I was just thinking this morning that we're going to have to camp in the backyard this summer!

Don't worry too much about eating at home. Dad's doing weight watchers right now and made some amazingly awesome meals that were healthy too, with lots of fruit and veggies when I was down last time.

Tara said...

Oooo pretty, glossy hair! Love it. So funny Davin was excited he got to pee on the pwants haha. I asked Jarom what his favorite part was and he said, "I put bugspray on all by myself!" He must have told me 3 or 4 times. So cute what excites them at this age.

Kat and Steve said...

How fun for your boys to go camping with Ian! Steve took Savanna last summer and she is still talking about it. Good memories.

Love your hair, Shannon!

Kate said...

Your hair looks beautiful! Good job on your May challenge too :)

elizabeth said...

So. . .I guess the pound of See's is out this weekend ;-) That's O.K. I really need to be better at eating right now too. Last time I went to the store, I was hungry too, so I ended up buying tapioca pudding and rice pudding. Today I ate the whole thing of tapioca pudding (not in one sitting!). But still, probably not your best choice. Talia and Davin are two little peas in a pod. I finished my CSUF class tonight and I think my students did rather well. I actually think they got it. One student told me that she thought the class was the best class she had taken at CSUF. Jules looked me up on "rate your professor" and I had a 4.2 rating which I'm hoping is out of 5 and not 10;-)
Well, I must get myself to bed. See you SOON!!!

Dawnie said...

First of all, I wanted to thank you for the sweet note you mailed to me. I have it up on my fridge and read it periodically. You are such a good friend and I miss you so much! If I wasn't so gimpy right now/during the end of pregnancy, I would have been a good friend and written you back or at least emailed you or something! But I am in complete "focused on my crazy situation" mode right now. Anyways, thank you for the letter and the sweet comments you've made on my blog.

My dad asked me the other day if I missed Utah, and I told him that I really don't miss it at all, but I do miss my friend Shannon. I'm always talking to my sister Nancy about how amazing you are and how you are the most functional dependable person I know. I'm so glad to see that you're doing well and that your kids are growing up so beautifully. Talia is gorgeous!!! I'm so jealous that you're in the sleeping through the night now part. And the boys are so cute. I love how Davin talks (pwants) so cute!

Anyways, sorry this comment is so long. I love you and miss you. Maybe we'll get to see you sometime if we go to Utah to see Wynn's family. Talk to you soon!

J, J and B said...

Davin and Talia look twin-like. So crazy!! Your hair looks great! It's always nice to have even a small change. Even buying a new outfit can make all the difference. It's good to do something new every now and again! And, enjoy yourself on vacation. Don't be too strict! Just make up for it the next week!!

Tasha said...

Your haircut is so darling!! Seriously. I seem to do the same thing with my hair. It is sad. I hope you had so much fun in California this week. cannot wait for some fun pictures!

Shan said...

LOVE the hair! And you!