Friday, May 13, 2011

Tidbits

Tidbit #1:
Talia Christine is officially 5 months old (yesterday)! I swear the first year goes by faster with each child. I just barely got out the baby toys for her because I just realized that she is old enough for them and has probably been bored for the last couple weeks. Talia is now reaching out and grabbing and gumming toys (including my hair and jewelery), laughing, trying to sit up constantly (but usually failing), and sleeping on a more reliable schedule at night. She is usually only up once between 7:30ish pm and 7ish am. I know this picture is a little fuzzy, but I love it as her 5 month photo because of her huge, cute grin. Love my baby girl!
***Is her bow far enough to the side for you, Joy? ;)
Tidbit #2:
The boys are taking swimming lessons! They are actually pretty close to finished with this session, just 3 classes left. I have brought my camera every time, but kept forgetting to get it out and take pics until Wednesday. Whoops. Better late than never though, right? This is Davin's first time and he loves it. He is going to be my fish.
Weston is having a grand ole time too. He is in the same class as his friend from last year, so that's extra fun! The boys got these cool goggles with holograms of monster eyes on them for this summer and they can't seem to swim without them.
I have enjoyed having swimming lessons in the afternoons too. It keeps us from being on the computer or watching a movie every afternoon. Every SAHM knows that the hours from 4-6 (or 3-5 if your hubby gets home earlier) are the hardest, so having something to do during those hours has been nice. Plus it's a bonus that I get to sit and visit with my friend (Weston's friend's mom) for half an hour.

Tidbit #3:
Healthy eating. It's coming along. I was surprised by how hard it is to eat 4 servings of fruits/veggies each day. I really have to think about it. Thank goodness for V8 VFusion juice! :) It also takes lots of time, energy, and planning to eat healthy! I spent awhile on Tuesday in the kitchen chopping up veggies to use for the rest of the week. It paid off though because I have been able to throw together salads and wraps for lunch and dinner pretty quickly and easily because of that hour or so of prep.

I am also surprised by how quickly I am going through fresh produce! Yikes! I already ate the big cucumber I bought and an entire bag of carrots. I only have about 2 salads worth of romaine lettuce left from the big Sam's Club bag too. I guess that's a good thing, but I'll have to go shopping twice in less than a week. I have to say how much I am liking this increasing fruits/veggies goal because I'm basically not saying "no" to any foods. I eat what I like, but by the time I eat that many servings of fresh produce I'm too full to eat too much else, you know? I'm really trying to listen to my body and not eat emotionally (which is a big problem for me). OK, enough about that for now. I will do a full wrap up of what I am learning from My May Challenge at the end.

BTW I had almost this entire post done and ready to post yesterday morning, but by the time I went to actually post it at lunch time Blogger was having maintenance problems. And apparently they lost what I had already written, so blah for having to re-write everything! Not cool, Blogger. Not cool.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Once again, Talia is beautiful, geez! I know, time is FLYING with the third baby. Kyle will be 9 months old on Sunday and he's crawling now!
That's great the boys are in swimming lessons. I haven't done it for Jarom yet because the child is so brave, I haven't felt the need to get him "used to the water" like I did with Makenzie. But he does need to learn those little techniques, maybe next year.
And yeah, not cool blogger, that stinks!

joyous said...

Hahaha!!! You are so funny. :) I actually looked at the bow first and thought, "Perfect!" and then noticed your comment to me!! Love you!! Can't wait to see that cute girl next week. Glad to see you guys have having fun with swim lessons too. Please don't show my girls Weston's goggles. Those sound super cool and they would never be happy again until theirs had holograms too. Sheesh! Where do you find this stuff?!?! :)

elizabeth said...

I love that picture of Talia. Jules showed it to me on Facebook on her actual "birthday" and so I'm glad to see it on your blog. Thanks!! Congrats to the boys on swimming lessons. I can't wait to see those goggles this summer ;-) Congrats on your healthy eating. It's the end of the school year and teacher appreciation week so I'm sorry to say, I've been eating a little poorly lately. But you are an inspiration and I shall try to do better. Seriously, there about six friends retiring (I wonder why people want to leave LHCSD?) and they are within a two week span and every one of them is at El Cholo. Oh brother!! Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

Talia is so dang cute! Good for you on eating healthy! I love the V8 Fusion drinks too...very satisfying. I saw a V8 Smoothie in the grocery store the other day. I wonder if that is any good?

J, J and B said...

For me, eating healthier means I eat more! It doesn't seem to fill me up. So I get what you mean when things disappear so quickly! I do the same as you, prepping things because it's easier to just grab it out of the fridge and eat right way rather than saving 10 minutes of preparation and just opening a bag or box or something - not healthy! It is a shame that being healthy is more expensive too! It is worth it though!

Lori said...

Hey. I recognize the back of that one kid's head. :-)