On Tuesday she tried her first solid food, rice cereal. She loved being in the high chair and was happy as can be . . . unless I was trying to put food in her mouth. None of my kids have liked eating rice cereal, so I wasn't too discouraged. However, on Wednesday I mixed her cereal with a little squash and she shuddered and gagged just as impressively as before. She even ended up throwing up the few bites she had managed to swallow. Sigh. I know she will get better, but it's a long, messy road.
He got a Webkinz cocker spaniel puppy, Max, in his Easter basket this year and loved the whole adoption process, earning Kinz Cash, buying outfits and food and furniture, playing games, doing daily activities online, etc. Enter my bribe . . . a few weeks before school ended Weston was having a hard time doing his morning jobs without a fuss/doing them at all. I told him that if he could earn a smiley face on the white board (for doing all his morning jobs without any fuss) every morning for the three weeks until school was out, then I would buy him another Webkinz. He LOVED this idea. He did really well too, so on the last day of school we sat down and picked a new pet to order from Amazon.
It wasn't supposed to arrive until Saturday, but it ended up being delivered on Friday afternoon! Weston was SO excited to get his new lemon-lime gecko. He named it Sam (after much debate between limey, lizardy, and Sam) and officially adopted him on Saturday.
And finally, so as not to leave out the middle child, here is a funny little Davin-ism:
As we were walking into Chick Fil A this afternoon we walked through a handicapped parking space, right over the big blue and white symbol. Davin looked down at it and said, "Dat say you haf a use da potty." I corrected him and told him it meant you could only park there if you were in a wheelchair. Not entirely accurate, but close enough. :)
6 comments:
Hahahahaha...tell Davin thanks for the laugh! I agree, Webkinz are awesome. We "bribed" Kylie with one when she was having a hard time adjusting to the increased homework load of 4th grade. It worked, she raised all her grades!
I think Talia has a sweet tooth like her Grandma B and just wants fruit with her rice cereal ;-) Love the picture progression from happy baby in the high chair to grumpy baby in the high chair being forced to eat!! I agree with you on the Webkins . . loveys and computers. They are the best! Give Davin a big hug for me!!
Awww....Talia is a big girl, gagging down rice cereal and everything! Hopefully, she'll find some foods that she likes soon. :) Davin is just so cute too. Love that funny boy!!
And your bribe makes me laugh.
bahahahahaha! that's davin story is awesome! i can't believe your little girly is already moving on to rice cereal. wasn't she just born like yesterday?! my goodness, time flies!!!!
haha cute little Davin. Thank you for introducing me to the world of Webkinz.. I've heard of them but had no idea what they were. We got the kids a leapster and there is a "pet pals" game Makenzie has been begging for, so I bet she would love a webkinz. Maybe that would help keep our house real-pet-free for a little longer, too.
Hopefully Talia starts liking solid food soon. I imagine it would be pretty weird to taste something new when you've had ONLY milk your whole life!
davin is so funny! i love hearing what goes on in the minds of the little ones. and talia is getting so big! she looks adorable in that high chair.
Post a Comment