This weekend was lots of fun! Before we could start our weekend the boys had a dentist appointment on Thursday after school. No cavities and the boys got to pick prizes, so it was a big success. :) Weston picked this silly mustache. Love that kid.


On Friday Davin and I went to Target and bought Halloween costumes. Davin is
Spiderman. He is SO excited and wore his costume all weekend. I bought Weston a Venom (or black
Spiderman) costume. The boys had a blast running around in their muscle suits playing
Spiderman.

Friday my sisters starting trickling into town for General Conference weekend! Mel and Brad got here at about noon and brought us some lunch, then they went and checked into their hotel while I picked up Weston from school. Around 2:30 Jules and Rick pulled in. They had driven all the way from CA starting at 3am! I'm so glad that everyone got here safely.


The menfolk left around 3 for the
BYU football game. They picked Ian up on their way. They hit some major game/Friday afternoon traffic and barely made it into their seats in time for kick-off. It was a great game and
BYU scraped a win! Us girls took Weston to karate then got a Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner. We watched the game and baked coffee cake and stayed up way too late. It was awesome.
Saturday morning we watched the morning session of Conference with some donuts and chocolate milk (thanks Brad and Mel!). It was a good session. After it was over we all scrambled to get dressed and ready to go to the Conference Center for the afternoon session. We made it to the Conference Center with over half an hour to spare, but they had this humongous line outside to get in, so we didn't actually get to our seats until about 2 minutes before it started. It was hot and kind of frustrating standing in that stupid line, but the session was wonderful and we had really great seats on the main level.
waiting in the huge line in the hot sun

We went to dinner at the Olive Garden downtown then left the boys at the Conference Center for the
Priesthood session while us girls went home and put the kids to bed, nursed our sore feet (from all that walking in heels), and made souffle. When the boys got home we played Things. It was hilarious.

Sunday morning we watched Conference, ate souffle and coffee cake and fruit and just relaxed. It was a really nice day. I loved Conference and loved having my sisters at my house! I was very impressed with how well the kids did during Conference. Weston watched every single session. Davin would flit in and out, but played quietly and was really good. Talia napped during most of the sessions and was generally adorable.

That night we had taco salad for dinner before Mel and Brad had to leave to go home to
Rexburg. I grilled Rick about how he and Julianna met and started dating. It was so fun to hear their cute story and see Jules so happy. After the kids went to bed we played Mormon Bridge. We all got to bed a little earlier since Jules and Rick left early and I went swimming at 6am.
It was definitely a blast to have my sisters and their guys around for Conference weekend! I loved it. Also I think we need a girls' trip sooner than 3 years from now. We missed you Joy and Mom!
7 comments:
Yay for sisters in town!! Funny thing... my mom and dad, Paige and Chad went to teh Saturday afternoon session too!! If you had known, you could have looked for each other :).
Yay for a great conference weekend!
Conference bingo. . .really?? Glad you girls were paying attention ;-) I'm so glad you were all together and had a great time. I agree on that girls weekend together. Three years is too long!! We'll get it planned!!
There is nothing better than a sister's weekend in my book. You guys are so, so cute and I'm glad you had fun :) I'm so glad Julianna is really liking this new guy!
PS Love that top picture :)
I missed you guys too...but really tried not to think about it too much. I told the girls and we looked for you guys on TV during the Sat afternoon session!!! I can't believe none of you stood up in front of a camera or anything!
Sounds like you guys had a great weekend together. Can't wait to do a girls trip soon!
sounds like a blast! You and your sisters are so cute.
What is Things? a board game? and what is Mormon Bridge?
SO fun! sisters are the best!
Weston is such a ham! Love his photos! Bummer you had to sit in line, but just remember, i hear from members here in Australia all-the-time that they'd looove the opportunity to be able to go to the conference center! You're so lucky! :)
Post a Comment