Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Date Day

Confession: I may have gone a little Groupon crazy for a few months awhile back. I have since found a little self control.

Yesterday I realized that one of my Groupons was about to expire. That day. I had originally bought the bowling for two Groupon thinking it would make a fun date for Ian and I, but life has been so busy and crazy that we haven't had time to go on a date for several weeks. I do get to spend a lot of time with a different guy though, so yesterday Davin and I went on a date. Talia came too.

We went bowling. It was kind of a ghetto bowling alley, but they had bumpers and 6 pound balls, so it worked. They did not, however, have ball ramps, so Davin had to just push his ball down the lane. I gave it some extra oomph almost every time it was his turn, but if I didn't get there in time then it was a looong wait for that 6 pound ball to make it's way down and knock over a couple pins. Davin loved bowling. He did special moves and celebration dances after he knocked over pins every turn. He did pretty well too. He got 80 in his first game! I wasn't too bad either. 119 in our second game.
After we worked up an appetite we drove over to Murray and used another Groupon for some Subzero ice cream. Subzero is one of those places that uses Nitrogen to freeze your concoction. It was kind of weird. Davin wanted rainbow swirl, so he put strawberry, banana, and watermelon flavorings into his cream and threw in some gummy bears for good measure. He thought the freezing process was pretty cool. I ordered one of their pre-invented creations. It was delish. I don't know that I would go back. I like regularly frozen ice cream better. It's creamier, but this was a fun little treat too. Davin was a perfect gentleman and even opened doors for me and let me spoon feed him. :)
Talia was really quite good during the whole date excursion. She got a little fussy when she was ready for a bottle, but who can blame her? She also enjoyed some of Davin's fruity ice cream. Today she is wearing a new outfit. I bought her Fall wardrobe last week and I'm kind of excited that the weather is cooling off enough now for her to wear it. I can't get enough of her cuteness! She is getting pretty close to crawling and can mostly scooch wherever she wants within a few feet. My baby girl is growing up!

9 comments:

joyous said...

So cute!! Yay for knit pants for little girls. Comfort and style. :) Love your mommy-son date too!

Will and Kara said...

Where did you go to get her winter clothes? i need to go get Phoenix's hers!!!

Liz Smith said...

where has the time gone?! I can't believe how big she's getting. love the outfit. she looks adorable in anything!

Pamela said...

Your date is adorable! I should pick a day to do fun stuff with Zander instead of just running errands while the other kids are at school. And Talia's clothes are so stylish!

elizabeth said...

Davin is pretty much adorable! He's a great bowler too. I don't think I brake 80 last tme we bowled?!?! Love Tala's ne clothes. It's those Bowles' eyebrows that do it. Ace in point droll down to Weston's picture w/ the mustache and then cheek out The one with all three! Each set of eyebrows is telling a different story. I love it! Can't wa it or Vetrans day weekend!!

elizabeth said...

P.S. There's a little boy at one of the schools that I teach and his name is Davin, but he pronounces it "Dave" in. It's real that'd for me to say!

Anonymous said...

Geez mom... Your comment was ridiculous to try to read! Haha looks like a fun date day! :) -Jules

elizabeth said...

Sorry about that. I should never comment on the iPad late at night when I'm tired. Thanks for pointing it out, Jules!

J, J and B said...

Talia is so cute. I love her cute outfits and hair accessories! You had two boys first, but you're acting like a pro with your little girl too! :)