Friday night we got a babysitter and went on our first date in a long while. A co-worker and friend of Ian's got married and we attended the wedding. It was very beautiful. We had a nice time visiting with the work crowd. The plan was to go straight to the airport to pick up Ian's parents from the airport after the wedding, but alas their flight was delayed, so we decided to take advantage of the babysitter and go see a movie. It was a fun date.
Ian's parents got in pretty late Friday night. I was already asleep when Ian got back from picking them up. Saturday morning they came over from the hotel and went to karate with Weston. There is video of almost his entire class, but I'll spare you. For now.

After karate the boys made paper rockets and a PVC pipe rocket launcher. They had fun with the project. Then we bundled up and went out for lunch at In N Out and over to the park to launch rockets! It was a blast (pun intended). The rockets went really high. Ian and his dad almost got more of a kick out it than the kids. Ian is working on putting together a fun little video montage of the whole experience, so I'll be sure to post it when it's done.



After we were done shooting rockets I took Talia home for a nap while the rest of the group went swimming at the hotel. I hear it was great fun and that the boys were pretty good little swimmers. :)

After dinner we got a babysitter again and the adults all headed down to Provo for the
BYU football game. It was chilly, but I kind of enjoyed bundling up for the game. It was a late game. Kickoff wasn't until 8:15 and we got home close to 1am.
BYU played a good game and we won! We had such a great time in our great seats! Thanks Mom and Dad!

After about 4 hours of sleep it was time to get up and bathe kids and get ready for church. I had to teach, so I couldn't even be late. :) It was a nice Sunday and we enjoyed some down time with Grandma and Grandpa after church before they headed back to Portland. Thanks for the fun visit! Come again soon!

8 comments:
Okay, now I can't decide who's winking picture is cuter, Talia or Weston...it's a toss up! Seriously, Talia is such a doll though.
Sounds like a super fun grandparent weekend. The bottle rockets look like a ton of fun too. Did Ian make his own or use the ones from the father/son outing? And Jim just says you guys look cold at the football field. ;)
Sounds like it was one fun weekend! We are coming out in two weekends and are so excited. We are coming for the BYU vs Idaho State game. I cannot wait to go to a BYU game. Literally I have not been since we moved away from Utah. I am glad you had a fun family weekend
What a fun weekend! I'm jealous that you got to bundle up for the BYU game. We're back up to 96 degrees today. I'm ready for fall! Okay, so we don't really get a true fall out here in CA but it would be nice to wear jeans for a change :)
What a great weekend! We have done the paper rockets before same situation the kids lasted a little while but I think the men re-made/designed rockets and shot them off for at least 4 hours! We still need to find time to get together with our kids!
I'm glad they got some good grandkid time in. We've slowed down our Portland trips since summer and I think they have withdrawals.
How fun! You always do such fun things with your kids.
It sounds like so much fun to go to a BYU game. I really miss that! Fun to have a visit from the GP's :)
You're so lucky to have your families come and visit so often!! And yay for date night! Glad you two keep up the dates - as often as you can!
Post a Comment