Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Talia!

Monday evening we had a little party for Talia's 1st birthday. We don't usually do much for 1st birthdays since the kids aren't really aware of what is happening, but we did set up a cute party table and invited some friends over to have cupcakes with us and watch Talia open some presents. She was a little tired since it was the end of the day, but she was a gracious party girl and had fun.
She wasn't too interested in her gifts until I half opened them and she saw the toys inside. We wrapped up the baby toys that had been in storage for a couple years, so each time she opened a toy Weston would say "hey, we used to have that toy!" :) Talia was pretty thrilled with the "new" toys. She also got several birthday cards in the mail and some adorable new pajamas from Grandma and Papa.
After we opened presents it was time for singing and cake! She looks pretty concerned in most of the photos, but she was really just concentrating on getting that cake into her mouth. My girl loves to eat! She made a good mess and had a great time doing it.
After a bath she got to play with her new things for a a little while until it was time for sleeping. I think she had a good birthday.
Today was her 12 month well visit with the doctor. It was a good appointment, but unfortunately the runny nose that started on her birthday was an indicator of an ear infection, so we are starting her on her first ever antibiotics tonight. She is a little delayed physically. She doesn't crawl, pull herself to standing, or get herself into a sitting position on her own. I am going to set up an evaluation appointment for her just to make sure she is ok and to learn some things I can do to help her with those skills. She is otherwise a healthy, growing girl and I am thankful.

Talia's 1 year old stats:
Weight: 17 lbs. 13 oz. (8th %ile)
Height: 28 inches (20th %ile)
Head: 65th %ile

8 comments:

Carly said...

And she's ADORABLE! Gosh I could never stop looking at pictures of her darling little face. Wow. You are one lucky mama!

Happy Birthday Talia!

Unknown said...

have to agree with Carly... besides my own kids (of course :), I'd say she is one of the absolute cutest kids I've ever seen!

and what a good idea to wrap old toys...and funny that your boys didn't quite get what was going on.

Pamela said...

I love that you wrapped old toys. It's so great when the kids are happy and it doesn't dent the bank account. She's as cute as ever!

Kate said...

Wow she's a bitty little thing! And I agree- so, so cute! Good luck with her evaluation :)

Liz Smith said...

she is so beautiful. she definitely takes after her mama. looks like the perfect birthday!

Tara said...

Happy 1st Birthday to pretty little Talia! Laughed so hard when Weston kept saying, "we used to have that toy!" hahaha... I read that part to Justin and he said, "AWESOME." Genius idea, Shannon.
Also, talk about professional photo of that cupcake! Nice!

J, J and B said...

Sounds like the best kind of party! Simple and fun! Glad you guys celebrate even the first birthday! She is a tiny little thing. I love her little pixie hair style and cute bow! Happy Birthday Talia!

Tasha said...

She is seriously SO adorable! I am glad you had a fun little party for her.