Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Deck Them Halls

December 1st is tomorrow and we are ready! It took all weekend plus Monday to get the house and tree decorated, but we had fun. The house got mostly decked out on Sunday afternoon. It was fun to find new places to put my decorations. I have mostly always put things in the same places in this house, but since we now have an additional couch in the living room there isn't room for our tree in there, so the tree is in the den and that caused things to shift around a bit.
The Piano
The entry bookshelf
The doorway from the living room to the kitchen.
The shelves by the piano
Christmas book advent
My felt advents
I love this quirky, jingly Santa on the laundry room door.
We had planned to decorated the Christmas tree on Saturday evening, but ended up having friends over instead. Weston was pretty good about waiting even though he was SO excited to put the ornaments on the tree. Sunday night after dinner we got out all the tree decor, but when we went to plug the lights in when they were already on the tree the second strand wasn't lighting up. This time Weston couldn't contain his disappointment and there were some tears. I felt horrible that I had to put him off again.

Monday morning I picked up some new white lights for the tree and for FHE we decorated the tree. We decided it was Davin's turn to put the star on the top, but when Ian lifted him up he was terrified and cried, so Weston ended up doing the honors. I wasn't feeling too great, so Ian did most of the helping as the kids hung their ornaments. They each chose 10 ornaments to hang, then they went to bed and Mommy and Daddy finished decorating the tree and moved a few things around. I am very happy with how the house and tree look. It is fun to have our home festive and ready for the Christmas season.
***Please ignore the fact that my kids are wearing their Halloween pj's while they decorate the tree.

7 comments:

Emilee said...

We're well on our way to having a Christmas book advent, but we're not quite there yet. We got the idea from you. I hope to have enough next year because we already have wrapped presents from Grandma sitting out and Ivy asks to open them every day.

Hilary said...

I love, LOVE, LOVE your Christmas advent idea. I stole it last year for a 12 Days of Christmas Books thing, and I just started wrapping 12 new books for this year! I'm so excited :-)

joyous said...

So fun!! Your house looks super cute. I still have to wrap my Christmas books, but Rachel was in heaven looking through them this evening. I'm so glad she's still little. I will miss it!

Unknown said...

fun! We just decorated last night, so I'm lovin the Christmas feel in my home right now. Good idea about the book advents. Same books each year, you just rewrap them to make it special?

Liz Smith said...

i love everything!!!! it looks soo cute and cozy. aww...i just love decorating for christmas. how fun that they boys were able to help out too. :)

Denny said...

The house looks great. I am feeling a little weird not decorating, we have boxes in every room. Nothing like moving during the middle of the holiday. I am hoping to get a tree so that we can have christmas at our new house. Kids are cute too. Love to all.

J, J and B said...

I love your decorations. I especially love the doorway! What a beautiful touch! I love your Christmas book advent! And of course, the felt ones! I can't wait to make (or buy) one for my family. They're so fun!