Wednesday, July 11, 2012

3rd Trimester

I know this post is mostly going to be a pregnancy update, which is a little boring, so I'll combo it with the fun outing we did yesterday to the Highland Splash Park.  This week has been super hot.  We hunkered down inside all day on Monday and we needed an outing on Tuesday.  I thought it would be more fun for the boys if they had friends to play with and since my neighbor just had her baby 2 weeks ago it might be nice for her to have the boys out of the house, so we brought the neighbor boys with us.  It ended up being a great outing to bring them to.  We loaded up the van and drove the 10 minutes out to Highland. 

We got there pretty early so we managed to get a spot on the grass in the shade.  I'm glad I brought chairs for me and Talia because the grass was pretty soaked.  The splash park is fun though and the boys ran around and played in it the entire 2 hours.  Talia enjoyed the fountain and wandering through the river, but took a lot of breaks too.  She was tired by the end.  I think the boys could have stayed there all day if I had brought more food.  :) I really am so thankful that Weston and Davin have such good neighbors next door to be buddies with.  They play nicely and have fun together those goofy boys. 
I haven't blogged much about this pregnancy, especially lately.  I have been too busy and feeling really good.  Seriously, ever since my morning sickness faded I haven't even hardly felt pregnant.  It's been great.  Since we have been back from our California trip though that has all changed. 

Pardon me while I whine a bit.  I feel like the baby doubled in size overnight when we got back.  I can now feel lots of flips, hard kicks, etc. from baby (which is mostly fun).  I have also had heartburn and optic migraines in the last couple weeks.  I'm up 3 times a night to pee again and my clothes are all getting redundant and uncomfortable. 
Me today at 28ish weeks.  I seriously want to live in this outfit for the rest of my pregnancy! So comfy!
 
I was especially sad about the optic migraine I came down with yesterday afternoon.  It was the worst one I've ever had.  The last ones I've had made my vision go weird and left me with a slight headache after they passed, which happened within an hour.  This one hit me hard.  Even once my vision was back to normal the headache part was brutal.  I got lucky in that Talia was napping when I first felt it, so I was able to lay down for a bit.  I thought I was feeling better when she woke up, but an hour later it was worse than ever.  Ian came home a bit early and took over.  He saved my life. 

I closed the curtains and just whimpered on my bed until I fell asleep for an hour.  When I woke up Ian came in and told me the kids were all fed and bathed, Talia was in bed, and the boys were ready for bed in 5 minutes.  He had to go back to work.  Poor guy.  I so very very much appreciated his help last night though.  I got the boys into bed then went downstairs and ate some crackers and sipped a Dr. Pepper with my Tylenol and continued to lay down and rest.  I'm feeling better today, but I can still feel the headache lingering and it's still actually painful if I cough or bend over.  Here's hoping that was a rare occurrence!

I do feel like this pregnancy, and this summer, have been been flying by!  Tomorrow I go in for my 28 week check up and my glucose screening.  Next week is Ian's birthday and the Olson Family reunion.  July will be over before I know it.  I'm not sure I'm ready, but that's ok.  I guarantee by the last few weeks I will be so ready for this baby to arrive.  Just not quite yet.  :)

4 comments:

Emilee said...

I hate pregnant headaches and migraines. It would be such a simple fix if you only you could take drugs. You're looking cute in your pregnant picture! Hopefully it cools down to a reasonable temperature soon. I cannot imagine going through a third trimester in the summer months!

Liz Smith said...

oh i am so so so sorry! i know EXACTLY what those migraines are like. the blurred vision followed by intense pain. i also get numbness in my hands and get all loopy. it's a scary feeling...like you're getting a stroke. and the pain always lingers. im sorry you've been getting them and i hope you feel better soon. try to rest as much as you can and try to stay hydrated. you look SOOOO cute too!!!!!!!

Shan said...

Seriously, you're sooo cute! I would live in that outfit too! I'm sorry about the migraines. I can relate to those a bit. One thing my sister told me to try out are essential oils. Lavender and peppermint oils rubbed on your temples are supposed to help, if you don't want to take the usual meds.

Tasha said...

That water park looked amazing. My boys would have wanted to stay all day too.

I am sorry things have gotten worse with your pregnancy since coming home from California. I have had headaches with my pregnancy and I have not like those...I cannot imagine a migraine. I hope you do not get one again too. Hang in there!