Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sprucing Up & BYU

One of the fun things we did with Ian's parents was to re-plant out front planter!  Denny weeded it for me and then Tuesday after Weston got home from school we headed off to Home Depot to pick out some plants.  I have never planted anything before, so I was pretty clueless.  We bought mostly flowers and a few shrubs.  When we got home the kids played outside while we dug holes and planted and watered.  I love how it turned out!
 
 Unfortunately a week later the black eyed Susan's are looking pretty sad and I don't think they are going to make it, but the rest of the plants look ok.  I haven't killed them yet anyway.  I'm trying really hard to keep them looking nice and it's fun to have something out there that I had a hand in choosing and planting.

On Wednesday Ian stayed home in the morning for a couple hours before heading into work.  Then we all got ready and headed down to Provo.  We stopped first at the RC Willey Clearance outlet to see if they had a patio furniture set I had seen in their ad that was on sale.  I was so excited that they had it in stock!  It was a steal at $50 for the set.  It definitely completed the sprucing up of the front yard/porch.
 
After the furniture detour we headed to BYU campus for some serious shopping at the BYU Bookstore.  Grandma and Papa spoiled the kids with new BYU shirts, hairbows for Talia, and a couple things for the new baby.  I added some BYU socks for the boys and got a couple books and some fudge.  We ate lunch in the Cougareat before heading home with tired kids. 
This pic was taken on Thursday when the kids all wanted to wear their new BYU clothes.  :)
Later that afternoon it was time for Grandma and Papa to pack up and head to the airport.  We had such a fun visit with them and wish they could have stayed longer!  We will get to see them again in October though when they come out to meet the new baby and catch a BYU football game.

6 comments:

Glen & Kat said...

Your flowerbed and porch look great...so homey!

Liz Smith said...

i love the flowers and the porch! it looks so inviting!

and oh how i miss the cougareat. i had such an unhealthy obsession with scoreboard grill. ah memories. lol.

Tara said...

The flowers look awesome! I planted some purple black eyed susans once and they didn't make it either. Never came back or anything. :( I love your whole bed though, so pretty.
That was cool of Ian's parents to deck your kids out with BYU gear. Justin can't wait to do that kind of stuff for our grandkids someday. We will probably spoil our grandkids a lot more than our own kids. :) Guess that's the way it goes!

Cerise "Mama" Outhier said...

Your Black-eyed Susan's might reseed themselves =) Looks great!

joyous said...

Very fun!!!! Love the planter and patio furniture! :)

elizabeth said...

I LOVE the front porch and the planter all full of beautiful plants. Isnt' that fun!! Thanks Denni for all that help because it does make the house look so complete. Can't wait to see it all and sit on that front porch. Cute pics of the kids too. . . I'm counting the days to the new baby ;-)