Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Back to Reality

Ian made it home just before the kids went to bed on Friday night.  He texted me on his way to not have the kids brush their teeth.  He brought them fun German chocolate eggs with little toy surprises inside.  They were a huge hit.  We hugged and ate chocolate and then sent the kids to bed.  Ian went to bed a little bit after them since he had been up traveling for about 14 hours.  It worked out well though because he slept all night and then was mostly back on our regular time for Saturday.
 
 Ian brought a whole bag full of fun European candies and chocolates.  He also brought home magnets from the two main cities he stayed in.  We always get magnets when we are on trips.  :)  It is nice to have him back.  We finally had a relatively quiet Saturday together!  I ran a couple errands with Weston while Davin went to a birthday party then we watched the BYU game.  Go Cougs!
 
Saturday night was our ward's Harvest Festival and chili cook-off.  I made a chili and the kids got all dressed up in their Halloween costumes.  It was a really fun, well-organized party.  Ian was in charge of the pumpkin bowling game, so I was on my own with Beckett and Talia.  It was ok.  Talia mostly just liked getting candy, so I helped her "play" the games while carting Beck around.  It was exhausting, but we all had a pretty good time.  I loved that they had a photo booth room.  :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Today is the big day, Halloween!  Weston is already in his costume and off at school.  I missed his costume parade because it was at 8:15am.  Sheesh!  Davin has a Halloween party at preschool in about an hour too.  We are all excited for trick or treating in our own neighborhood tonight.  More on how that all goes soon!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh I know those little eggs! Kinder eggs- our whole BYU group was obsessed with them in Spain. The chocolate is sooo good!
Love that Ian brought all those goodies home, how fun!
Your kids' costumes look great. Kenz had her costume parade at 9 today and I was bookin' it to get myself and boys ready, but 8:15?? Dang! Jarom had his preschool Halloween party today, too- we're having similar days!
Love the photobooth pictures, you guys are too cute. Happy Halloween!

Shan said...

Ditto what Tara said...Ian brought back the GOOD stuff! There was an Elder in my MTC district who was from Germany, and for his birthday his mom sent him 2 huge boxes of German candy. I think we were all sugar high for the last month of our stay there. And little did we know, CZ has all the same candy too. Heaven for chocolate!

Also had to say that your kids have super cute costumes! I think that's the best part of Halloween. Good luck tonight with the trick or treating!

Liz Smith said...

so cute! and european candy is so yummy...esp swiss chocolate. mmm. i love the magnet from your travels idea! i wish we had thought of that. the kiddies look so cute! can't wait to see your halloween pictures!