Ian had to work last Saturday so I was home with the kids. The neighbor boys came over and they played in the basement, then bundled up and played out in the snow for almost an hour. When they came in we had candy cane hot chocolate and they all colored around the new dining room table. It was pretty idyllic actually.
The snow has been slowly melting all week. There is still some on the ground, but the days have been pretty nice as far as November weather goes. I'm hopeful that I just might survive this winter with three little ones at home most of the time.
Mel came over on Tuesday and we had a blast running errands and playing with the kids. We watched Penelope in the afternoon. That movie always makes me happy. After dinner Mel and I went shopping at Smiths for a few things, including our Thanksgiving turkey. We were silly and it was fun. Sisters definitely make me happy.
Talia really wanted to be Thor
You know what makes me happiest of all? These smiles. (And Weston's, but he was already at school when Beckett woke up)My kids drive me nuts sometimes. And sometimes there is a lot of noise and chaos in my house, but sometimes they all get along. And sometimes they are all happy at the same time. And sometimes they are all asleep at the same time. And sometimes they give me big hugs. And it all brings me so much happiness.
5 comments:
Yes! Those moments when everyone is happy or asleep are so precious!
Your kids are all adorable and your new little guy is as cute as can be:) I'm glad you're adjusting to life with 4!
I know california has great weather, but sometimes I think a little snow around the holidays would be magical. Oh, and your kids are adorable!
Super cute smiles!!! :)
Those are some of the cutest smiles i have ever seen! love you and your adorable cuties! and that snow really is beautiful...i suppose that's the silver lining right? bah...so not ready for winter...
Post a Comment