Friday, January 11, 2013

All Smiles

"I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite."
-Buddy the Elf, from the movie Elf

We have some great smiles in our house.  Some days they are more frequent than others.  Recently Weston's smile has undergone a few changes.  On Tuesday night one of Weston's front teeth finally fell out!  It's been wiggly for at least 6 months.  He was so excited to have that front gap and couldn't wait to go to school the next day and show his friends and teacher.  The tooth fairy came that night and it was all kind of fun.
Thursday was even better because his other front tooth fell out at school!  Weston thought it was awesome that he lost his tooth at school during his spelling test.  He got to go to the office and get a little tooth container on a necklace to bring his tooth home in.  He wanted to surprise me though so he hid the necklace in his pocket and waited to see how long it would take me to notice that he was missing both of his front teeth.  I am proud to say it took me less than a minute to notice. :)  Now I am calling my firstborn "Toothless" and his is whistling his "S's."  Can't believe how grown up my big boy is!
As long as we are talking about smiles, Miss Talia has a pretty great cheesy smile.  Whenever she thinks you are taking a picture of her she will tilt that head back, squint up her eyes and grin.  It's awfully cute.
 
Can't leave out Davin's smiling face!
And finally, our sweet Beckett likes to just stare around and take in his surroundings . . . much like this.
But when you are playing with him or talking to him his whole face lights up with the most adorable baby smiles on the planet (no! I'm not biased!).

 
Oh how grateful I am for these four smiley faces!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Love your post! Four beautiful smiles :)That baby of your is so stinkin cute!

Emilee said...

That is an adorable baby smile. The first one would brighten anyone's day.

joyous said...

So sweet. :)

elizabeth said...

I love each and every one of those smiling faces bro happy to see them and can't wait see them all smile in person!!