Today I feel like a failure. I am anxious and grumpy. I can't focus and I keep thinking about all of the things I haven't done right over the last several months. It feels awful.
The rational part of my brain knows that I'm being ridiculous and that nothing is all that different than it was a week ago when I felt happy and confident. I keep trying all my tricks to snap out of a bad mood. We've been on a walk in the sunshine. I visited with my neighbor while our kids played at the park. I've blasted good music and danced. I ate chocolate. I got dressed. It's really just not helping. Maybe cleaning my house this afternoon will make me feel better. Or possibly an hour on the elliptical with Psych. Or a good night's sleep.
I have been snappy with my kids all day which makes me feel even worse. I forgot to send a stuffed animal and a snack with Davin for his preschool's teddy bear picnic. I have a long list of to do's and only two items crossed off. The kids watched movies all morning. Mom of the year over here. Please let tomorrow be better.
How To Develop Value-Based Spending Habits
3 years ago
4 comments:
I'm sorry you are having a crappy day. Those are the worst. I think you are a fabulous mom, I am constantly looking up to you and Joy and hope one day I am half as good of a mom as you two are. I love you! Call me later :)
Ugh. Some days are like that. I always relay what one of my friends told me: Do only what you have to do, then do what you love. And I'll add: Repeat until things are better. :) Tomorrow will be a better day! Hang in there.
Well, this post was yesterday's... so hopefully you got that blissful night's sleep and woke up feeling marvelous this morning (and wondering how yesterday could have seemed so bleak). That's what sleep always does for me. If not... well, take a nap and see it works the second time! :) You really are a fabulous mom, so I hope your week improves and you FEEL as awesome as you really are!
Those days are a major bummer. I was in a funk the other day too. Couldn't snap myself out of it. So glad we got to chat the other day. Felt great!!
Post a Comment