We have been so busy lately! I'm definitely phasing into the busy, running around season of motherhood. It will only get busier from here on out. It definitely makes me grateful for the rare days where I have nowhere to be. Like today. Which is why I'm finally getting around to posting about all of our fun activities.
Soccer is still going strong. Davin is no more motivated to get in there and go after the ball than he was at his first game, but he seems to be having fun, so I'm not too stressed about it. We will give him a chance to try a few different things. Maybe soccer is just not his cup of tea. He tells me he wants to try karate next. One thing is for sure, he looks adorable whether he scores a goal or not.
Soccer is still going strong. Davin is no more motivated to get in there and go after the ball than he was at his first game, but he seems to be having fun, so I'm not too stressed about it. We will give him a chance to try a few different things. Maybe soccer is just not his cup of tea. He tells me he wants to try karate next. One thing is for sure, he looks adorable whether he scores a goal or not.
This is pretty much the only time he kicks the ball in his games, so I had to get a video of it.
Thanksgiving Point extended the Tulip Festival, so for FHE last week we went to the Children's Garden. There were still some beautiful tulips to see and the kids loved playing in the water. It was a nice, warm evening.
Just a couple of days later we woke up to late snow! It was really coming down. It all melted and dried out by the afternoon, but it sure was cold! Gotta love our bipolar Spring weather here in Utah.
In honor of the cold weather I finally made time to try out my Aunt Pam's homemade granola bar recipe! Oh my goodness these are delicious. And they are really not hard to make at all. The hardest (aka more time consuming) part was wrapping each bar individually. I felt extra domestic making these because I was able to use the honey powder from my food storage. Definitely cheaper and healthier than the store bought variety. I'm a fan. Maybe you will be too!
Aunt Pam's Homemade Granola Bars
2 c. old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
1 c. flour (wheat or white)
3/4 c. toasted wheat germ
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 t. salt
3/4 t. cinnamon
2 eggs
1/2 c. canola oil
1/2 c. honey (pour in the oil first then use the same cup)
2 t. vanilla
1 c. flour (wheat or white)
3/4 c. toasted wheat germ
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 t. salt
3/4 t. cinnamon
2 eggs
1/2 c. canola oil
1/2 c. honey (pour in the oil first then use the same cup)
2 t. vanilla
Mix all of the dry ingredients, then add all of the wet ingredients and mix well. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray cooking spray on the foil. Pat mixture into the foiled and greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until pale golden around the edges. Cut into bars while warm, then allow to cool before removing and wrapping bars individually in foil.
***This recipe works really well doubled and baked in a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. The mixture is too thick to use your KitchenAid. You really just have to do it by hand.
One evening the boys got to snuggle up and watch Superman with Ian. They love watching "adult movies" (we are trying to having them not use this terminology to describe movies that aren't animated since it kind of sounds bad). :)
By the end of the week the weather was all warmed back up. Weston had been asking me for a buzz cut all week. I decided it was cheaper for me to cut his hair and a buzz is the only style I am capable of. So Thursday afternoon we made the change! He loves it and said it makes him "feel like a new kid."
Finally a few videos of the little ones. This first one is my most adorable daughter singing (It starts as Twinkle Twinkle, but then she morphs it into Popcorn Popping). She can be so super cute when she wants to be.
And when she doesn't want to be . . . it looks a lot like this. Oh the 2 year old tantrums of a little girl.
Beckett is pretty much always adorable. Even when he cries. He loves watching Ian play guitar. This was after dinner while I was cleaning up the kitchen. I had to hide behind the armchair when I was done because if he saw me then he would no longer be content to just sit and listen.
3 comments:
I just recently discovered the oil-first-then-honey trick, and it makes things so much easier!
Dang you have cute kids!!! Love all the videos. :) What is this honey powder? I might have to try it. I bought the big huge bottle of honey at Costco. Do you grind your wheat flour or just buy wheat flour or just use white flour? So glad your spring is fun these days!
Davin looks so small out there on the soccer field. It is ADORABLE! I love the Talia videos, even when she is being a terrible two year old she is adorable.
Post a Comment