Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tulip Festival etc.

The Tulip Festival has been going on for a couple weeks but it has been so cold and windy that we hadn't been yet.  The stars aligned this week though.  The sun came out, the wind died down, Ian came home from work early (!!!!), and we headed over to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens as a family Wednesday night to check out the Tulips.  

I wanted to find the Secret Garden, so we grabbed a map and set off.  We started at the waterfall.  It's the kids' favorite.  We did finally find the Secret Garden and it was really cool.  Picturesque and definitely reminded me of the movie.  Plus it had a fountain that the kids played around.  Talia could have stayed there for hours.  As it was she managed to soak her shirt in only 15 minutes.
We also stopped and fed the hundreds of koi in the lake.  This was a highlight.  It's kind of scary how crazy the fish go when you feed them and there are SO many!  Anyway, it was a very fun, exhausting outing.  Lucky for me Weston thinks pushing the stroller is cool.  :)

ETC.:
Weston's school did Spring photos a couple of weeks ago.  It was nice that they sent home a proof of the picture then you could decide whether or not to buy it.  I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the proof.  He's such a 1st grade mess!  Crazy, messy hair.  Shirt on backwards. (He told me he realized his shirt was on backwards later that day.)  Needless to say, I had forgotten it was picture day that morning and we did not pay to order these pictures, but I felt this photo still needed to be documented.  Love my cute grade schooler!
Also in this post I just have to include a bunch of pictures of my cute little Beckett.  He is getting big so fast and I feel like I forget to document it like I should.  He is now 7 months old.  He still just has his same 2 teeth.  He has slept through the night the last couple of nights, so I'm really hoping we are getting settled in that department.  He's pretty much the cutest little guy ever.

This was a random little hat I tried on him while wandering Hobby Lobby.
He's definitely on track to become another Bowles vidiot child.  He loves watching Baby Einstein!  This is his zoned out face.
He is finally trying more foods.  We've had carrots, green beans, apples, and squash mixed with our oatmeal so far.  While we were eating at Carl's Jr. last week I fed Beckett tiny pieces of bread.  He loved it!
This little guy is no longer content to lay on his back and play.  He immediately rolls over on his tummy to play.  He scooches backwards and moves in a circle.  He can lift himself up into push up position too.  I have no doubt he will be my earliest crawler.
He babbles and chats up a storm.  He just started babbling "mama."  I love it!

No comments: