Last weekend was the season opener for BYU football. We played Virgina. We went over to our friends' The Smith's (Ian's boss) house to watch the game and BBQ. We have done this before and it's so fun. Steve brings his big TV and the couch outside and we eat and watch the game while the kids run around the backyard and jump on the trampoline.
This year was also a good time. The food was delish. The game was interesting. It was raining in Virginia and just a little ways into the game it had to be delayed because of lightning. The stadium was cleared and it took two hours before the game came back on. In the meantime, we visited, watched US Marshalls on TV and ate some more. While we were waiting for the rain delay to end we got rained on a little ourselves. Once the game came back on we watched until half time then decided to finish watching it at home since it was getting close to bed time and the kids hadn't napped. BYU ended up losing the game, which was a bummer. I'm glad we came home for the end so the babies could go to bed, but you know I hate to be the first one to leave a party. :)
As for babies, my baby Beckett is pretty much the cutest. He and I got some one on one play time in the basement (his new favorite place) the other day while the other kids were at school/napping. It was fun to watch what made him laugh. Every time I glanced around me though I noticed Woody just flopped over on the floor. I kept thinking I saw him move out of the corner of my eye. It was a little bit creepy. I expected him to jump up, brush himself off and try to escape out of the window wells at any moment!
3 comments:
I love the pic with his head back laughing. If only that was a video. . . . I just try to just imagine!
He really is the cutest!!!
Your baby's getting so big! Wow! Glad you get some one on one time with him now that school started back up:)
Post a Comment