We did need a couple of days at home to recover and catch up on housework after our trip, but the boys spent them playing with friends, so they couldn't complain. They are loving building with their Zoobs they got at the toy store in Edmonds. They made this awesome dinosaur the other day (sorry for the bad lighting).
Talia and Beckett played, napped, and followed me around. Talia likes to help with cleaning the toilets. She loves the blue toilet bowl cleaner. She thinks it smells good and practically puts her entire head in the toilet bowl to smell it. She helps use the toilet brush to scrub it clean then likes to be the one to flush. "Bye bye blue!" she says when the blue cleaner goes down. Beckett can't get enough of the vacuum. I leave it out to keep him entertained. Talia was helping me water the plants out front one night when we found this huge preying mantis! Weston tried to hold him and dropped him. He disappeared after that, but he was fun to watch while it lasted.
I think Talia is starting to be kind of a daddy's girl. She was snuggling up and scratching his back one morning and decided a car would be a good back scratcher. Daddy wasn't complaining! I am always happy to see her being sweet and loving with everyone in our family. She has a good heart, but can be kind of whiny and stubborn a lot of the time, so we really cherish the sweet moments. :)
Walking in an afternoon rainstorm with Weston
I got to go out for a girls night with my neighbor who moved away. I'm not actually in the picture, but this is the group that came for one last hurrah with our friend, Marcella. I will really miss her. She was my visiting teacher and had kids all of my kids' age. Our kiddos got along so well and she was my favorite kid swapping friend (like for grocery shopping or whatever). Luckily she only moved about 5 miles east and her son is on Weston's soccer team this fall so we will still see each other. One evening I took Davin out to do some back to school shopping. He didn't really need a new backpack since his was still in good shape, but it was the Cars one he picked out 2 1/2 years ago, so I decided he could get a new one for Kindergarten. :) We went to Kohl's and he picked out a Lego Chima backpack, which he was SO excited about and we got a new shirt for his first day of school. We got some lunch at Chick Fil A together and had a really fun time talking. He is such a funny, adorable little boy. He helped me get all the school supplies at Target too. Davin couldn't wait to start school!
2 comments:
You have the funniest kids: Beckett loves the vacuum and Talia loves the toilet cleaner!! Seriously! But I love them. So fun that the big boys are back in school now. :)
I tHink you are training future house cleaners there with Tal and Beck! Keep up the good work!!
Post a Comment