Thursday, June 5, 2014

Kindergarten Graduation

Davin had his kindergarten graduation on May 29th. My neighbor watched Beckett and Talia for me so that I didn't have to wrestle them through the little program. It was so nice to just get to sit with Ian and focus on Davin. He was adorable. When they walked in he had his arms folded like he was walking in church. Then as soon as he spotted us he just lit up and waved and smiled and posed for pictures. 
All of the kindergartners stood on the stage and a few gave some lines, then they all recited a couple of poems and sang a couple of songs throughout the program. At the end they handed out "diplomas." I loved how they did it. They just had the teacher read off the name and another helped hand the diploma to that kid (they were grouped on the stage by class). It went quickly but we still got to hear each name and they got to get a little scroll (which was just a blank paper).
After the program we met Davin in his classroom for some refreshments. He got himself a brownie and we took pictures with his teacher. It was a perfect little morning with my Dav man. I'm so proud of the work he did in Kindergarten and I'm excited to see him move on to first grade to learn and do even more. I'm also really grateful he had such a wonderful teacher. He will miss Miss Johnson and having his cute buddies, Ella and Cole, in his class. Yay for a wonderful year in Kindergarten!

1 comment:

Glen & Kat said...

So cute! Crazy how big he's getting!